MaryFrances

Default Where Would They Be Buried?

My maternal great and great-greatgrandparents lived in the Pembridge area of Herefordshire - possibly for all of the 1800's - in areas called Bonds Green and Meer/Meere/Meare. At least two of them worked at Broxwood Court. They were Roman Catholics. Please can anyone tell me where they were likely to have been buried? I have looked at the Herefordshire FHS Monumental Inscriptions but the village names mean nothing to me as I do not know Herefordshire.

Mutley

Have a read of Genuki, about the 6th paragraph mentions Broxwood Court and a Roman Catholic Chapel.
    Though interesting it may not be helpful.

SBSFamilyhistory

Hi they were probably buried in Weobley which is not far away, about 4-5 miles if not try Leominster which is about 7-8 miles away. Otherwise it would have to be Hereford

St. Thomas of Hereford R.C Church
    Kington Road, Weobley, Hereford, HR4 8QS
    Tel: 01544 318325
    Fr Stephen Holdsworth
    Sunday 11.00 am

St. Ethelbert's Church
    Bargates, Leominster
    Tel: 01568 612238

I hope this helps

Sue

St. Francis Xavier Church
    Broad Street, Hereford
    Tel: 01432 273485

MaryFrances

Thank you for the link Mutley. That's an interesting article - but I found a picture of the chapel which is very tiny and although they probably attended Mass there, there are no burials.
    SBS - thank you for the details of the churches. I have tried Fr. Slater at Leominster but with no luck, so will try the others.

vic1

You could also try the kington R.c. church
    St Bedes the venerable ,
    Bridge Street
    Kington,
    HR5 3Dl
    tel 014544 318325

however as far as i am aware there is no burial ground specifically for Roman catholic all Burials have been at the municipal cememtry on Eardisley road which is managed by Hereford council. has been in use for over 100 years.

MaryFrances

Vic1- Thank you for answering. I will phone the council and see what they have to say.