ziksby

Default From Alfrick to Salt lake City

Many thousands of families left Britain in the mid-nineteenth century to find a better life in America. Some of them converted to Mormonism. My ggg grandfather, James Jones was one of them. In 1844 he took most of his family to America, to the so-called "Promised Land". How did they fare? You can read about it here .......
    https://www.geocities.com/ziksby/Fro...ltLakeCity.html

tipisme

Default Patriarchal blessing of James Jones

I was in the byu library last year looking up ancestors Patriarchal blessing.
    I found James jones had one and had it sent to me. do you have this?
    I could get it to you
    Floyd

ziksby

Hi Floyd,

Great to find another "Jones" cousin in Utah. I was in Utah last September and met two Rogers descendants in Fillmore and the Peter Jones descendants in Payson. I'll send you a seperate email with more details.

I would love a copy of James Jones Patriarchal blessing. Thank you.

The Mormon Immigration Index CD is an LDS publication and should be available from SLC, or your local LDS History Centre.

I got most of the Jones letters from the LDS library in SLC from the Cropper book.

More later,

Regards

justanne

Default James Herd's story

I have the story of my mother's great uncle who also left the UK to go to Salt Lake City. He left in the 1870s. His is a touching story & had an interesting ending for myself & his descendents ........ if anyone is interested

tipisme

Default Mormon story

I would love to see another story, you could email me
    at [email protected]
    Thanks Floyd