I received Digital Images from Nat. Archives, but I'm unclear about the outcome.

1. Petition for Judicial Separation filed by the Petitioner [wife] on Feb 5, 1895. [Question - was she asking for a divorce ? If she just wanted a legal separation, why was that ?]

2. Various affidavits were filed from Petitioner & Respondent through May 1895.

3. May 23, Petitioner filed Petition for Alimony & it looks to me like there was an Order on June 18, 1895 titled [Alimony Pending Suit] ordering the Respondent to pay the Petitioner GBP 7 per month starting 20th day of June 1895.

4. On June 21, 1895 there was an official document called [Particulars] which gives the Petitioner 10 days to "furnish further and better particulars of the times and places mentioned in paragraphs 3, 5, 6, 7 & 8"...

5. These appear to have been filed. Then comes the second confusing part

a. July 19th - Solicitor for Petitioner filed further particulars.

b. July 22nd - Solicitor for Petitioner "set down cause & filed Notice & Certificate".

c. Aug 9th - "Order with consent that this petition be dismissed"
What is the legal meaning of 5 B & C ?

On the census entries for 1901 & 1911, the Petitioner shows herself by her married name & her condition is "married". Same for the Respondent in 1901, although he is living with a "housekeeper". Respondent dies in 1911 & his "housekeeper", now calling herself Mrs. [Respondent] and their 2 sons are on the 1911 census. In his will, the Respondent refers to Mrs. [Respondent] by her previously married surname. [although I can find no evidence that she actually married husband number 1 either].

Thanks
Elaine