Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Garratt/Lefort

PdeChenu

Default de Chenu tree

Hi Ali,
    Yup, it's mine.
    Bang to rights...........
    Every year my kids dig it out and nag me about having made so little progress.
    I then buy a few credits on pay to view, and bash my head against the wall for a while, find one or two extra bodies. My tree has been cobbled together from the memories of granny and her scrapbook. This year the family bought me a year's membership to Ancestry for Christmas so I'll now have no excuses. I think that I will be buying an upgrade to the account and have a look at the parish registers that you were on about. There are holes all over the tree especially where the tree moves to Germany, Ireland and France.
    Am I cheating?
    Thank you for your help
    Piers

bibliojunkie

That’s ok Piers. No criticism just confusion on my part when I saw your name. And no, it's not cheating. For someone who was dipping in and out of ancestry on credits you managed to get together a lot of info. Lucky you in getting a sub for Christmas to enable you to dig further. On the basic membership you should be able to access the London records but not the European ones. BTW there is another Eugene Lefort who was a jeweller floating around in the census and parish registers but I did find some more of your Leforts. Enjoy exploring!

Ali

Whiskers99

Hi there PdeChenu. My name is Shirley Symons, grand-daughter of Sarah Eliza Lefort, daughter of Eugene Napoleon Lefort. I live in New Zealand.

Hello Shirley and welcome to British-Genealogy

PdeChenu hasn't visited us since 2009 but hopefully he is still using the same email address and will receive notification of your post.

Another way to try and make sure he knows about your post is to send him a private message. Just click on his user name and then on private message in the drop down menu. This also depends on the poster having the kept the same email address but is a more direct way of trying to make contact.

Good luck

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12