wenfri

Default Seven Seas in 1959

Stupid question here.

Is it possible to find a Manifest for the Seven Seas. She was immigrant ship sailing from Rotterdam, Germany (I believe) to Montreal Canada.

Hoping to locate the passenger list if it is even possible.

That is when my other half moved to Canada. Can find photos etc but nothing of a ship's list

Wendy

v.wells

Passenger lists incoming to Canada stop at 1935. Outbound passenger lists are available thru ppv such as FMP and go to 1960. Collections.ca might have later lists but I find that site a bit difficult to find my way around.

SueNSW

Find My Past has records for 10 Atlantic sailings of the "Seven Seas" in 1959 - 6 to Montreal - but as these are compiled from BRITISH records they are likely to only show the passengers who joined in Southampton

Certainly worth a look though - do you want to share the names??

Cheers
    Sue

SueNSW

Also - just a small thing - but Rotterdam is Holland rather than Germany - if they left from a port in Germany it would probably have been Bremerhaven

Cheers
    Sue

Jan1954

Quote Originally Posted by wenfri View Post
    That is when my other half moved to Canada.
    This was in 1959

Quote Originally Posted by SueNSW View Post
    do you want to share the names??
    As we are talking about living people, names need to be shared via the private message system and not posted on the open forum.

wenfri

As we are talking about living people, names need to be shared via the private message system and not posted on the open forum.
    Understood

if they left from a port in Germany it would probably have been Bremerhaven
    Will ask my other half later today and post where he sailed from, but you are probably correct.

Send me a pm if any is interested in helping me search

Wendy
    PS I find Collections.ca confusing as well. I am sure we aren't alone either
    Last edited by wenfri; 24-11-2009 at 2:38 PM. Reason: adding a PS

wenfri

Pretty sure he left he from Bremen not Bremerhaven

Wendy

wenfri

Got it right this time

Hubby sailed in April 1960 not 59 like I thought.

Departed Bremen to Montreal or Quebec. He could recalll which port it was as he was young and unable to speak English.

His family also departed New York in Dec 1960 or 1960 to go back home for Christmas.

Me thinks I won't get far as it is still sorta new and most likely breaks the privilege act

Wendy