Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1891 Lookup

ewan

Thank you for your help Glenys, I am not sure about the family, Robert, Emma and Emma that you kindly posted. I will keep it on file in case I can find a connection later.
    Thanks again
    Ewan

busyglen

Quote Originally Posted by ewan View Post
    Thank you for your help Glenys, I am not sure about the family, Robert, Emma and Emma that you kindly posted. I will keep it on file in case I can find a connection later.
    Thanks again
    Ewan
    No problem Ewan, I thought it might be a red herring, but stranger things have happened.

I have dismissed possibles in the past, and then months later found that it was the one I wanted after all!

Good luck!

Glenys

ewan

Quote Originally Posted by busyglen View Post
    No problem Ewan, I thought it might be a red herring, but stranger things have happened.

I have dismissed possibles in the past, and then months later found that it was the one I wanted after all!

Good luck!

Glenys
    I have often kept information of file that didn't quite add up, to find at a much later date, sometimes years later, that there is a connection that helped me knock down a brick wall.

Thanks again
    Ewan

Valued member of Brit-Gen

Default Ernest Mitchell

Hi

I have looked in 1881 and couldn't find him, 1911 I couldn't find him either.

1891 I found a Ernest Mitchel born 1881 with parents William and Emma, (you mentioned Emma or Emily) but he was living in Landport, Portsea Portsmouth, brothers William 1880, Frederick 1883 and Sydney 1887. All born Portsea or Landport.

Irene

ewan

Hello Irene many thanks for your reply with help. I found Ernest Mitchell with his parents Robert and Emily Mitchell on the 1881 living at 13 Newport Street Ryde with this reference number -RG1 178 50 52

I am not sure if the family you have found on the 1891 is the family from 1881, the year of birth is good but the parents you found are a William instead of a Robert, and there is no mention of an older brother named William.

Thanks for your help again, much appreciated.
    Ewan

Ann E

Default Ernest Mitchell

Hi Ewan,
    I don’t know if this helps, there was a marriage on
    16 Sep 1866. MITCHELL Robert 25 & HINES Emily 27
    Possible children
    MITCHELL, Emily, Ada 1867 HINES Ryde
    MITCHELL, Edward 1870 HINES Ryde
    MITCHELL, Robert 1872 HINES Ryde
    MITCHELL, Henry 1878 HINES Ryde
    MITCHELL, Ernest 1881 HINES Ryde
    ------possible niece
    MITCHELL, Emily, Annie 1883 WILLIAMS Ryde
    MITCHELL, Ellen, Frances 1884 none Calbourne
    MITCHELL, Emma, Kate 1884 RANN Newport.
    Ann E

ewan

Quote Originally Posted by Ann E View Post
    Hi Ewan,
    I don’t know if this helps, there was a marriage on
    16 Sep 1866. MITCHELL Robert 25 & HINES Emily 27
    Possible children
    MITCHELL, Emily, Ada 1867 HINES Ryde
    MITCHELL, Edward 1870 HINES Ryde
    MITCHELL, Robert 1872 HINES Ryde
    MITCHELL, Henry 1878 HINES Ryde
    MITCHELL, Ernest 1881 HINES Ryde
    ------possible niece
    MITCHELL, Emily, Annie 1883 WILLIAMS Ryde
    MITCHELL, Ellen, Frances 1884 none Calbourne
    MITCHELL, Emma, Kate 1884 RANN Newport.
    Ann E
    Hello Ann and thank your for your time and work finding out information regarding the marriage and births of Robert and Emily Mitchell.

I have given up on trying to establish the whereabouts of Ernest Mitchell, I am now concentrating on trying to find Alice Mitchell (from the 1881 census of the same family aged 12 born Ryde) on the 1891 census.

According to the IOW bmds most of this couples children have the 'other surname' of Hines, but Alice from this family looks to have the 'other surname' of Hendy, which has confused me.

If anyone is able to trace her on the 1891 I would be most grateful.

Thank you
    Ewan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12