Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: France

Lizzy9

How kind of you, Pottoka

When Rachie comes online I'm sure she'll be delighted.

Rachie

Quote Originally Posted by pottoka View Post
    I managed to get into the Paris Archives this evening and have ordered Bill Burgess's death certificate. I just hope that the club got all his details right!

As there was only "Paris" for place of death, I couldn't put an arrondissement which means that all twenty Town Halls in Paris will have to be consulted to find the right one, and it could take up to two months.

But at least I've finally managed to set the ball rolling, so fingers crossed!
    oh WOW, that is fantastic!
    please let me know by PM of any costs so I can reimburse you.
    I really really appreciate your help

Rachie

Just a brief update, it would seem Mr Burgess did have children...in both an article that appeared in an Australian newspaper in 1911, and also some papers Edward got from archives (copyright Im afraid) his children are mentioned, sadly not by name....however in 1911 the "boy" is mentioned as being 14.

pottoka

Smile Fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by Rachie View Post
    Just a brief update, it would seem Mr Burgess did have children...in both an article that appeared in an Australian newspaper in 1911, and also some papers Edward got from archives (copyright Im afraid) his children are mentioned, sadly not by name....however in 1911 the "boy" is mentioned as being 14.
    That's good news as it could be enough information to find the "boy", or whichever son was born in about 1897, so long as he was born in Paris, and if he can be found, then we'll know his mother's name. I'll put a request on the Paris forum to see if Céline can come up with anything. Did the article say how many children?

pottoka

Smile The sports club

I was going to update you on Bill's sports club which has not yet replied to my email.

I've got quite a lot on from now until the end of term and then leave France on the last day of term, so I thought I would give them until I get back to reply. That's at the beginning of January. Then, if they still haven't replied, I'll ring them up. I hope that's alright with you.

Rachie

That's good news as it could be enough information to find the "boy", or whichever son was born in about 1897, so long as he was born in Paris, and if he can be found, then we'll know his mother's name. I'll put a request on the Paris forum to see if Céline can come up with anything. Did the article say how many children?
    It mentions a boy age 14, and a girl. No age given for her.That was in 1911.

Rachie

I was going to update you on Bill's sports club which has not yet replied to my email.

I've got quite a lot on from now until the end of term and then leave France on the last day of term, so I thought I would give them until I get back to reply. That's at the beginning of January. Then, if they still haven't replied, I'll ring them up. I hope that's alright with you.
    Yes of course it is, I appreciate any help

Rachie

No luck with the boy, but the girl was Camilla Anne, born 1907. I cannot read the street name but the area is Levallois-Perret.
    I found this, via a transcription error...
    Name: Anne Rosalie Mioux
    Marriage Bann Date: 23 juil. 1893 (23 Jul 1893)
    Father's Name: Jacques Mioux
    Mother's Name: Rosalie Boulliaton
    Spouse's name: Thomas William Burgen .

Also a death registration for Thomas, who was by then a widow, he died in 1950 at Rue Villiers but his address was 17 Rue Du Bac d'Asnières,Clinchy.

pottoka

This is interesting news and changes things somewhat. Levallois Perret is a town in the Hauts de Seine department, number 92, in the suburbs of Paris rather than in Paris itself (75). There is a forum for the Hauts de Seine so I've posted a request for the marriage certificate and possibly the birth certificates of the children as well, although I'm not sure 1907 will be available to search.

As regards Bill's death certificate, the process in Paris has been launched and can't be stopped; also, there is a rue Villiers in Paris. But there is a rue de Villiers in Levallois Perret as well which is, according to a route-finder site, only 2.4 kms from 17, Rue du Bac d'Asnières, in Clichy. I don't know if it is possible to get hold of such a recent death certificate in the Hauts de Seine, but I will ring up and find out.

pottoka

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Rachie View Post
    No luck with the boy, but the girl was Camilla Anne, born 1907. I cannot read the street name but the area is Levallois-Perret.
    I found this, via a transcription error...
    Name: Anne Rosalie Mioux
    Marriage Bann Date: 23 juil. 1893 (23 Jul 1893)
    Father's Name: Jacques Mioux
    Mother's Name: Rosalie Boulliaton
    Spouse's name: Thomas William Burgen .

Also a death registration for Thomas, who was by then a widow, he died in 1950 at Rue Villiers but his address was 17 Rue Du Bac d'Asnières,Clinchy.
    I forgot to ask: do you have a link for where you found this information?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast