JimWalton

Default WALDRON - England to New England 1620-1650

Looking for WALDRON family of Alcester, Warwickshire who immigrated to New Hampshire between 1620 and 1650. I have 7 individuals listed in Banks' Emigrants from England to New England however there is no date or ship info.

I believe these are all brothers, and I know for certain that some are. Alexander, Edward, George, Isaac, Richard, Samuel, and William. Richard is also referred to as Jr.

I have no birth dates, however I do have a Maj. Waldron who was a brother of Richard, whose birth is estimated at 1611. Several of the brothers died between about 1680 and 1700.

I'm also looking for the possibility of a sister named Alice, probably born between 1615 and 1620 who may have emigrated at the same time. The book does list a few wives and children, but otherwise doesn't seem to list women.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Jim Walton

Hugh Thompson

Hi Jim, welcome to Brit Gen, there are quite a few Waldernes (Waldrons Waldrens) in Hugh Wallis's IGI for Alcester in that time period (see address below)
    Hugh.

https://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~hughwallis/

Hugh Thompson

Jim these ones all have a father that appears to be named William, although the spelling is all over the place, they may be yours, I couldn't find a Samuel in the right timeframe.
    Edward 1592. Alice 1595.William 1601.George 1603. Richard 1615. Alexander1620. all born in Alcester.
    Hugh.

JimWalton

Thank you Hugh,

I had a quick look at the site, but it will take me some time to digest it all and find my way around.

I'm just beginning to research this line. What I am doing is trying to find the wife of George Walton (~1615-1686) of Great Island, New Hampshire. The popular choice is Alice Hilton, daughter of William Hilton, but he never had a daughter Alice that I can find. Besides, there is very little evidence to support that theory. There is more evidence that she was related to the Waldrons. (I saw one site that had her as Alice Walderne).

The name William rings a bell for the father, so we may be looking at two different families here. Alice is too old, she would need to have been born sometime around 1620.

But, you've given me more pieces of the puzzle to spread out on the table and see where, or if, they fit in the picture. I live in Korea, but I'm planning a trip to the US next month and will visit a couple of genealogical libraries in Sacramento, CA. Hopefully I can find more information then.

Thank you very much for you help. I really do appreciate it.

Jim

Hugh Thompson

You're welcome Jim, stick around till the British and American crew get here later today, as there are some brilliant minds out there, and you never know what they'll come up with.
    Good luck.
    Hugh.