Thread: Inquest

squirrell

Exclamation Inquest

I wonder if anyone can tell me how I can find out about an accident in LLay Mains mine in 1929
    My Uncle was crushed by a tub while working on the haulage side he died three days later in hospital .

Where would I get the inquest details from , could anyone help me

Regards Squirrell

MarkJ

I have moved this thread from the Introduce Yourself forum as that is only for basic introductions.

Mark

Mutley

There is a local history society for LLai.
    Have you seen this site by the BBC?
    it has an awful lot of history about Llay Main Colliery there may be a mention of him.

Otherwise it would be a local newspaper report that would give you the most information.

squirrell

Smile Mutley

Hi Thank you very much for your information . The site you recommened is very interesting .
    I will do as you say and go to Wrexham and try and find a bit more info from the papers
    Regards Squirrell

EVE McL

Quote Originally Posted by squirrell View Post
    I wonder if anyone can tell me how I can find out about an accident in LLay Mains mine in 1929
    My Uncle was crushed by a tub while working on the haulage side he died three days later in hospital .
    The best bet is always the local newspaper. Actual coroners' records rarely survive in rural areas, since they were the propertyb of the official, who tended to destroy all but the expenses sheet.
    There should also be a report on an industrial accident at TNA Kew, in class BOT (Board of Trade). Try the catalogue to a leaflet on the subject.

Geoffers

A minor amendment to the last post, the Board of Trade records are in BT.

This research guide shows what records TNA have for Mining.

This guide deals specifically with coal mining