Thread: Benjamin CARR

alanlee2406

Default Benjamin CARR

I am trying to find Benjamin Carr b1823 Longbenton son of Aaron Carr his wife was Jane Wilkinson b1827 he went to Canada sometime before 1851 had a daughter over there called Sarah Jane thay must have came back but I can't find them he was a minning Engineer. thought he could have gone to Australia, could anyone help get me a lead.
    Thanks Alan...

Keyboard86

Hi Alan just so that we are all clear, what makes you think he came back to the UK possibly?

Best Regards
    Keyboard86

alanlee2406

Default CARR

Hi Keyboard can't say for certain the little i have on him his wife Jane b 1827Heworth shore, Co Durham, died 1885 Gateshead. there daughter Sarah Jane married my G grandfather Matthew Gray somtime around 1850 and thay lived in Gateshead.

Thanks Alan...

Keyboard86

Quote Originally Posted by alanlee2406 View Post
    Hi Keyboard can't say for certain the little i have on him his wife Jane b 1827Heworth shore, Co Durham, died 1885 Gateshead. there daughter Sarah Jane married my G grandfather Matthew Gray somtime around 1850 and thay lived in Gateshead.

Thanks Alan...
    Hi Alan with new info will bump up to let new viewers give any comments or advice to your next best actions.
    I am now off to bed as just finished night shift!
    Keyboard86

kermie62

This site gives a link to the registries of the various states.

https://www.australia.gov.au/topics/l...ges-registries

Checked for death of Benjamin Carr in

NSW - 2 but they died in thier 30's in 1875
    Queensland has a John Benjamin in 1878 but he was the son of eliza and andrew
    Victoria has 5 but it will cost you a dollar to look ath them and I dont have credit. Victoria did have the gold rushes so a mining engiuneer may ahve gone there.
    WA has no records
    The other states do not have online search records. Tasmania does have name indexes with thier archives

janbooth

Default Benjamin CARR

Hi Alan,

According to the 1881 census Jane CARR was a widow living with daughter & son in law Sarah Jane & Matthew GRAY. So, hopefully, we can assume that Benjamin died prior to 1881. Have you purchased Matthew & Sarah's wedding certificate as with a bit of luck it may tell you if Benjamin was already deceased when they married in 1879 - marriage registered December qtr 1879 at Gateshead reg district, vol 10a, page 868 according to Ancestry.

Have you searched the Canadian census records to see if you can find your family there prior to 1881? For instance, there is a Sarah J CARR born c1852 in Richmond, Quebec according to Ancestry in the Canadian 1871 census plus a few others.

I can't find any of the family on the 1871 English census records with any certainty.

Janet