Hi Everyone
My Frederick James Starr was born in Bristol around 1871. I know little about him except he was a gramaphone dealer and resided in Horfield Bristol around 1935. He married my grandmother's sister and they must have found love late in life as she was aged 63 and it was her first marriage!
My Aunt was named Sarah Katherine Rosina Clements born in Hampstead around 1871. Her birth registration or baptism has never been found!! She appears to proudly record her birth as Hampstead where her siblings record other London Parishes. Life was Difficult and we find her in the workhouse at both Fulham and Royston, Essex. It apppears Catherine Sarah Rosina Clements left the workhouse and entered service eventually joining her family, now in Bristol (late 1890's). Catherine continued to work 'in service' to the Misses Shepherd, they lived in Royal Park, Clifton. What happened to her and who was Frederick James Starr? I do not know. Who were these Misses Shephard of Clifton, they were ladies of independant means and helped my family through many a crisis. I wonder if I could find any wills for them as Catherine was in their service for many years and appears to have done quite well.
Do any of these names mean anything to anyone or does anyone know where I can continue looking?
Cheers Elma