Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    JAP1

That is certainly a success story!!

All the very best to you and to all concerned!!

Very best wishes,

JAP

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

All that agonising over exactly what to write was obviously time well spent.
    I'm so pleased auntie's relatives made contact.
    Pam

So pleased for you Jane.
    Christina

v.wells

Kudos Jane! What a terrifically quick response! I am so pleased for you. I have had instances of finding people but anywhere from 2 wks to 10 yrs too late. All we have is now - I am so happy for you and your aunt

A fountain of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by v.wells View Post
    What a terrifically quick response!
    I know, I was blown away by how quick. I won't be complaining about Royal Mail again (it was less than 24 hours between when the letter would have been picked up from the post box and when I got the call!!!).

SBSFamilyhistory

Brilliant.. I have been thinking of you on and off today.. I hope that they get to meet..

Sue

Nicolina

Fantastic news, and so quick. I bet you were on tenterhooks until the phone rang and you found out that it was the right person. Hope it's not too big a shock for Auntie.

A fountain of knowledge

Sorry, don't think I updated that I spoke to my auntie this evening and she was pretty much blown away. She's obviously very much looking forward to hearing from her nephew

A fountain of knowledge

so pleased for you Jane and all your effort and concern has paid off...don`t be offended, but I`m even more delighted for your 83 yr old Auntie. She must be over the moon...and it`s all down to you....you should be proud of yourself.
    It`s very true isn`t it,that saying "you only get out of it what you put into it"
    you`ve received your just rewards..a pat on the back Jane and well done............allan

A fountain of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by garstonite View Post
    so pleased for you Jane and all your effort and concern has paid off...don`t be offended, but I`m even more delighted for your 83 yr old Auntie. She must be over the moon...and it`s all down to you....you should be proud of yourself.
    It`s very true isn`t it,that saying "you only get out of it what you put into it"
    you`ve received your just rewards..a pat on the back Jane and well done............allan
    Oh I totally agree, it was purely for my auntie that I tracked them down. As she is my auntie by marriage (not even my auntie really, she's my aunt's mum) they're not blood relations but as she is sort of my surrogate grannie, my own being departed, it was the least I could do.

I'm going to put together some information on the family history for her nephews now. Being as their father died when they were young, they don't know a lot about his side of the family (it turned out that this youngest nephew was only 3 weeks old when his father died )

I'm getting a bit of a reputation for reunions now. Although I didn't do the leg work, the Salvation Army did, I did instigate finding my cousin after we'd all lost contact with him for 25 years, so our family is ever expanding!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234