George Cull

Default Cull & Compton Families- Boldre

Looking for information on connections between the Cull and Compton Families in Boldre area. Stephen Compton (Born Abt 1792) moved to Newfoundland prior to 1844. George Cull (Born 1825 to James & Mary (West) Cull) moved to Newfoundland prior to 1848. Local forelore in Caplin Cove, Newfoundland indicates that Stephen Compton was the uncle of George Cull. Any information would be much appreciated.

Hallo George, and a warm welcome to B-G Forums.

I have moved your post to the Canada Forum for now. I realise that you might want information on where these families came from prior to emigrating to Newfoundland, but this way our Canadian members and their expertise will be at your disposal.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

George Cull

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Mackay View Post
    Hallo George, and a warm welcome to B-G Forums.

I have moved your post to the Canada Forum for now. I realise that you might want information on where these families came from prior to emigrating to Newfoundland, but this way our Canadian members and their expertise will be at your disposal.
    THANKS Sue. I have traced George Cull back to Boldre Hampshire and he came directly from there to Newfoundland. I understand that Stephen Compton was here when he arrived.

Regards,
    George

Quote Originally Posted by George Cull View Post
    I have traced George Cull back to Boldre Hampshire and he came directly from there to Newfoundland.
    That's my terrible geography - had never heard of Boldre and thought it was in Newfoundland!
    Have moved the thread to Hampshire, but don't worry, as most of the serious forum members read all posts via New Posts anyway.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids