greann

Default Annie Elizabeth Hargreaves

Hi,
    I'm looking to find information on Annie Elizabeth Hargreaves. She supposedly came to Canada in 1911 with her half sister Phyllis Cruickshank (my great gran) under the Home children Scheme to be domestics. I know what happened to Phyllis but I would love to know what happened to Annie. She was born in 1893/94 Lancaster, England. Her mother was Mary Ellen Cruickshank who died in Montreal 1935.

Mary Anne

greann

If you send a query to queries at bifhsgo dot ca, your enquiry will get forwarded to a person who has been researching Home Children and he may be able to help you. Do you know what organization sent them to Canada? Do you have information on the ship they came on?

Mary Anne

Brick wall demolition expert!

They arrived on the Corsican in Quebec on June 25 1911. The Corsican left Liverpool on June 15, 1911

Ticket #8818

Cruikshanks, Annie, 18, occupation in England = millhand, intended occupation in Canada = Dom
    Cruikshanks, Phillis, 16, occupation in England = scholar, intended occupation in Canada = Dom
    Both give Montreal as a destination.

The page they are on lists people of a variety of ages and destinations, all immigrating as opposed to visiting. The girls are not travelling with a group.

Adele

PS I see her mother's burial in a Quebec parish register. What happened to Phyllis? Perhaps there's some clues there.
    Last edited by AdeleE; 26-08-2009 at 11:37 PM. Reason: PS

greann

Quote Originally Posted by AdeleE View Post
    They arrived on the Corsican in Quebec on June 25 1911. The Corsican left Liverpool on June 15, 1911

Ticket #8818

Cruikshanks, Annie, 18, occupation in England = millhand, intended occupation in Canada = Dom
    Cruikshanks, Phillis, 16, occupation in England = scholar, intended occupation in Canada = Dom
    Both give Montreal as a destination.

The page they are on lists people of a variety of ages and destinations, all immigrating as opposed to visiting. The girls are not travelling with a group.

Adele

PS I see her mother's burial in a Quebec parish register. What happened to Phyllis? Perhaps there's some clues there.
    Hi Adele,
    Thank you so much for this information. I didn't know that Annie was using Cruickshank for her last name. Phillis moved to Waterloo and gave birth to my grandmother in 1914. About 15 years later they moved back to England. We don't know what happened to Annie.
    Ann

Mary Anne

good on you Adele, I had thought she might have travelled under Cruickshank but looked it up without the "s"! Pity there are no censuses released after 1911!