cheryljones

Default NMI Lookup Please

Would greatly appreciate if someone could look up the marriage in 1877 Oundle district of:

Sarah Ann Edwards and George Cox.

Am hoping that their parents names are listed. Think Georges father was John but not sure on Sarahs.

Many Thanks
    Cheryl

georgiep

Hi Cheryl
    Could you explain about NMI to me please?
    The county my family were from, I have to ask for look ups at the Records Office, they are only when I know the name of the church etc. Not from listings in Free BMD. If the marriage was at the R.O or Registrar attended (R.C church perhaps) I have to send for the marriage cert from GRO.
    You can imagine how interested I am to know about NMI & if other counties have the same index which can be looked up.

Thank you

Georgie

Reputation beyond repute

If NMI means Northamptonshire Marriage Index, my understanding is that it covers marriages up to 1837.

This is pretty much what one would expect because civil registration was introduced in 1837. Marriages after 1837 can be located by searching the GRO index and the certificate then ordered from GRO.

salcat

from freebmd

Marriages Dec 1877
    Oundle 3b 457

COX George
    Edwards Sarah Ann

I presume you have this but a copy of the certificate ordered for £7 from here should give you both fathers names and occupations.

Sally

janbooth

Default Northants Marriage Index

There is a Northamptonshire Marriage Index which covers the period 1837-1860, but I am not aware of one that goes beyond those dates.

Janet

Pennie

Hi Georgie ...

Oxfordshire has a complete marriage index covering 1538-1837 (also partially complete baptism index for 1538-1851) - full details on the OFHS website at ofhs.org.uk

I'm fairly sure there are also MIs for Warwickshire and Norfolk. Trying Googling "Marriage Index" plus the county name and you may well find some others!

Pennie

cheryljones

Thanks to you all. Was not sure what dates the NMI covered - but now I know.
    Still trying to fatham this family history searching, slowly getting there I think!

Again thank you
    regards cheryl