trisha_beckett

Default Huftons from Ilkeston, can you help?

Hi, I am trying to find two ancestors who are both missing from the 1841 census, and both from Ilkeston. They are:

Thomas Hufton, born 1821 and married to Ann
    John Hufton, born 1818 and married to Charlotte.

If anyone has any information, particularly wives' maiden names (I don't have access to Ilkeston marriage records), or parents names I would be very, very grateful.

Cheers!

pennydog

Default Hufton Derbyshire

How about these?
    H0107 piece199 folio8/25 page9
    Thomas Hufton living at Green St. All Saints Derby, he is listed as a frame *** (couldn't read the second word). Perhaps means nothing but there is an Ann Webster on the same page.

HO107 piece190 folio6/22 page11
    John Hufton this one is listed witha Sarah Hufton also b1816 + 4 boys all under 8 - may or may not be your man?

pottoka

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by pennydog View Post
    How about these?
    H0107 piece199 folio8/25 page9
    Thomas Hufton living at Green St. All Saints Derby, he is listed as a frame *** (couldn't read the second word).
    Thomas' occupation is Frame W. K. which stands for Frame Work Knitter.

pottoka

Quote Originally Posted by pottoka View Post
    Thomas' occupation is Frame W. K. which stands for Frame Work Knitter.
    Sorry, I put pennydog's Census reference in to A* for Thomas, and it found me a James, which I read too quickly, as he was a Frame W.K. He was living in Ilkeston, but was too old, like the Thomas a bit further down the page.

Thos Hufton, born abt 1816, living in Derby, as found by pennydog, is a Frame Kr, which boils down to the same thing.

georgiep

Default HUFTON

Hi folks
    Just to add in 1851 Ilkeston Thomas 31 is a Frame Work Knitter as is his wife & son James 10(poss rego dec qtr 1842 Basford)

There are a list of brides & grooms in Basford rego jun qtr 1839 inc John HOFTON & Charlotte Hooley.

Later census they are still in Ilkeston.

Georgiep

enjoy your weekend!!

trisha_beckett

That's for all your help, that's brilliant!

Unfortunately I had already discounted the 1816 Thos/Johns as they are too old and in later census have different wives and kids.

The John Hofton/Charlotte Hooley wedding is really interesting though as I have found before that Hufton tends to be misspelled this way regularly.

Again, many thanks!