Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    heather60

Default ROBERTSON [WINDSOR CANADA] 1930 ISH

ANY INFO ABOUT ALEXANDER AND JEMIMA ROBERTSON WHO EMIGRATED TO CANADA AROUND 1920 THEN GAVE A HOME TO THERE GRANDCHILDREN ROBERT MARIE AND MONA WILSON AFTER THE DEATH OF THERE PARENTS IN FIFE SCOTLAND

Brick wall demolition expert!

I see the three siblings on the SS Minnedosa, arriving May 1928 at Quebec from Greenock Scotland.

Robert Wilson 12
    Mona Wilson 9
    Marie Wilson 7

All are born in Inverkeithing. Their fare was paid by the Parish Council, and they are going to their grandfather Alexander Robertson at 852 Hall Avenue in Windsor, Ontario.

Their contact person at departure was cousin Mrs Mary Robinson, 283 Crow Road, Broomhill, Glasgow.

Adele

Brick wall demolition expert!

Now I see that Jemima Robertson was on the same ship (Minnedosa 1928) as the grandchildren.

She's 63 years old, born Portsey, Scotland, was previously in Canada from 1921 to 1927, and of course destination address is husband Alexander Robertson in Windsor.

Adele

heather60

Default ROBERTSON

YES THATS THEM HOORAY DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW I CAN FIND ANYTHING OUT ABOUT THEM ROBERT WAS MY DAD HE WAS DEPORTED IN 1931 COULD HAVE ONLY BEEN ABOUT 15 DONT KNOW WHY??? JOINED ARMY MET MUM MARRIED END, BUT WHAT HAPPENED TO MY AUNTS MONA AND MARIE DO I HAVE FAMILY IN CANADA ANY INFO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE THANKYOU

v.wells

Try https://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/g...y/index-e.html. BMD's for Ontario, Canada are closed from 1930 except for deaths. I looked on A*.ca for family tree information - nothing but www.windsorpubliclibrary.com may be able to look up directory information or have their own BMD records. A lead is all you need to follow electoral rolls and directory information.

I don't have sufficient experience in Canadian research and I find the whole system here very very annoying. Collections Canada may have the deportation information about Robert. He could have been reluctant to join the Canadian military - I don't know why they deported people back in those days unless it was under suspicion of spying, but then I always thought they just got tossed in jail or sent to prison camp.

Writing to the Ontario gov't via Collections Canada could be worthwhile seeing as Robert is your father. Just provide details of your birth and his and it could lead somewhere.

Jan1954

Hello all,

As the surname board is only for listing surnames I have moved this thread to the Canada forum.

cntrygrl

Hi heather60

I live close to Windsor and was at the main archives library the other day. They only have marriage records up to 1926, and 1911 census is the latest. I'm not sure about birth and death records. They are very kind and helpful. Like Vanessa said, drop them an email (I did!) If they find something, I can take a little shopping trip into town and stop by the library for you
    Nadine

cntrygrl

This is a long shot, were Robert, Mona and Marie's parents Robert Wilson and Elsie Robertson?

v.wells

Quote Originally Posted by cntrygrl View Post
    This is a long shot, were Robert, Mona and Marie's parents Robert Wilson and Elsie Robertson?
    I believe so as they are mentioned on another thread.

cntrygrl

Thanks Vanessa!

heather60,
    If this is true, I've got Mona on A*****y in a submitted family tree. Search for Jemima "Mona" Wilson - there's even a photo of her with Robert and Marie and more.
    Jemima "Mona" Wilson b 19 Dec 1918
    d 14 May 2007 Vineland, Ontario, Canada

If you still need this info, let me know and I'll send a pm.

Nadine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast