dean nash

Default Thomas Bailey marriage - 1803

I have a Thomas Bailey born 27 february 1780 at Pewsey and married a Maria ? on 4 july 1803 Manningford Abbots, their son Stephen born ? 1821 at Wilsford married Eliza Somerset Cook at Wilcot 1 may 1845 Eliza born?1824 Holy Cross Wilcot.

Stephen and eliza came to australia on the Phoebe arriving 27 march 1847 with their daughter Sarah who was born 4 april 1846 at Wilcot.Stephen died 23 may 1896 Adelaide Eliza died 8 june 1859 Morphett Vale South Australia.

Sarah Married William Cornelius Nash 30 november1870 at Milang South Australia william is mygreat grandfather Can any one help with Baileys.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Dean

Hugh Thompson

Hi Dean and welcome to Brit Gen, I have found a lot of Baileys in one parish in Wiltshire, 'tho not the one you mentioned at Manningford Abbots, the Bishops Cannings registers are at the Internet archives, address below.(Bishops Cannings is 8 miles west of Manningford Abbots)
    The index in the book is right at the beginning and there must be at least 60 entries for Bailey.
    Hugh.

Registers of Bishops Cannings, Wiltshire [1591-1811];

https://www.archive.org/details/registersofbisho00bish

or go to the Internet Archives and do a search for Wiltshire Parish registers at,

https://www.archive.org/index.php
    Last edited by Hugh Thompson; 21-06-2009 at 11:07 AM. Reason: addition to text

georgiep

Hi
    There's a Stephen Baily as spelt in 1841 census, Wiltshire.

any census info included here is Crown Copyright from National Archives.

GeorgieP

Wentworth

Default Re Bailey

Hi Dean
    I am looking for Bailey's from Wiltshire. On the IGI there is a Thomas Bailey born about 1798 at North Newnton Wiltshire and Mary his wife born about 1802 at North Newnton Wiltshire. There is a son listed as William Bailey which is the one I am following. But on the 1841 census the wife's name is Maria? and there are four sons. Stephen, Thomas William and a John aged two. William fits my one, but not really sure. I will be going to SAGenalogy Society to look at the death records.
    There may have some extra info on them.
    It is like hitting against a brickwall.
    Pat
    Last edited by Wentworth; 02-01-2010 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Did not sign off

Knowledgeable and helpful

BAILEY is a very common name in Wiltshire, and they are not necessarily connected. North Newnton is one centre of the name but unfortunately the parish registers only survive from about 1754, so one can't get much earlier with any there, even in knowing if that is really where they came from. Many of the parishes you mention in that area have been transcribed by Wilts FHS, and these are available to purchase, including one CD covering 14 parishes. The others are in the format of books or microfiche. pw

Wentworth

Default Bailey

Thanks for the info. I have looked at Wiltshire BMD. There is a lot of work to do regarding the parents Thomas and Mary/Maria. AS far as I can see the three brothers came to S. Aust and settled in the same suburb of Adelaide. Just have to connect them with their parents now.