Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BarbaraJ

Default Riseborough-Broughton--Edgefield Families

I am searching for Robert Riseborough's family. He married Sarah Broughton in 1821, in Edgefield. They came to Canada from there about 1837. I have been able to trace most of the Broughton family but have run into a solid brick wall on the right Riseborough family. Hope someone can help.
    I have a Mary Catherine Coe married to John Broughton in 1838. Just wondering if it tied in with anyone else.
    Thank everyone
    BarbaraJ

Geoffers

Welcome to the B-G forums. I'm not connected with either name, but have an interest in NE Norfolk.

Good luck with RISEBOROUGH, there are loads of variant spellings of the name in Norfolk.

Access to some records will be difficult from your location - however - There was a large increase in emigration as a result of the Poor Law Amendment Act 1834 which allowed for assisted passage. The records relating to this can be very informative and are held at The National Archives in document class MH12

Have you found the marriage in the parish registers? If so, what does the full entry record?

I believe the ATs for Edgefield are transcribed on freereg.

coenmfam

Quote Originally Posted by BarbaraJ View Post
    I have a Mary Catherine Coe married to John Broughton in 1838. Just wondering if it tied in with anyone else.
    Thank everyone
    BarbaraJ
    Hi Barbara

I am tracing some Coe's in Edgefield ( mid 1600s to about 1820 )
    do you have any more info on her

Nev

p. harrison

Default Edgefield

Try the Ancestral Villages site for further names and information on Edgefield.

p. harrison

Default Broughton

Whilst looking at the Bishops Transcripts of Edgefield for 1753[Baptisms} I noticed an Ann Broughton,parents are a Robert and Margaret.Look under the Norfolk Transcriptions Site.Hope this helps .

BarbaraJ

Default More Questions

In looking over my old notes I have found that the Parish Register that I went over for Edgefield only went to 1812 and I could find no mention of Robert Riseborough's birth on it. He obviously was born somewhere else as I have his birth as 1798. I was in touch with a lady who was researching Broughton and it was her that gave me the wedding date of 1821. I have since lost touch with her, so I don't know where she may have seen the later register. does anyone know about a later one? It may have their first seven children on it.

BarbaraJ

Geoffers

The registers for Edgefield are deposited at the NRO - the full coverage is shown on NROCAT

The NRO may be able to sell you copies of the registers on fiches.

If you are using one of the mormon record centres you may find that they only have records up to 1812, which may be parish registers, or ATs.

Nicolina

have you tried FreeReg? They have loads of records from Norfolk

Wentworth

Hi Barbara

John Broughton is the brother of Sarah Broughton who married Robert Riseborough. The family were at Spixworth 1838-1850. I only have four children
    Joshua,Raymond,Samuel Salome. Only the first three were in Norfolk in 1881.
    I am interested in the Broughtons' of Edgefield and Plumstead.
    Good luck
    Pat

BarbaraJ

Default Broughton Family

Yes, I have that information. I have him married to Mary Catherine Coe in July 1838, and I have only the same four children. I have some info on their children if you want it and I have a lot of info on the Broughton family as a whole. Let me know what you want.
    BarbaraJ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast