Thread: Another Newbie

pzulba

Default Another Newbie

Hi

Another Newbie, tracing various branches of family, but primarily my direct forbears - Crossley's

I was born in 'God's' county - Yorkshire, but the previous 4 generations were from the 'other' county - I used to tell my Dad they will have been chased out for some nefarious deed/s and that I was the first one allowed back in!!!

Have got back to 1730's but only on word of mouth - very little Documented fact

Looking forward to finding out more details

PZULBA - Out of Africa (Retired)

spison

Hello Pzulba,
    Good luck in your investigations from Newcastle, Australia.
    Jane

Famous for offering help & advice

Hi Pzulba

Welcome to the forums.

Ben

Tederator

Quote Originally Posted by pzulba View Post
    Hi

Another Newbie, tracing various branches of family, but primarily my direct forbears - Crossley's

Hi, I knew a Jim Crossley from Yorkshire in 1948 in the Royal Navy, ring any bells.

Ted

Hi Pzulba, and welcome! Just wondering if your Crossleys might have any connection to Kildwick, WRY? I don't think I have Crossley ancestors myself, but it's possible that a John Cros(s)ley in the later part of the 18th century might shed some light on the mysterious origins of my ancestor Ellen EMMOTT - see this page on my website.

Arthur

pzulba

Default John Crossley

Quote Originally Posted by arthurk View Post
    Hi Pzulba, and welcome! Just wondering if your Crossleys might have any connection to Kildwick, WRY? I don't think I have Crossley ancestors myself, but it's possible that a John Cros(s)ley in the later part of the 18th century might shed some light on the mysterious origins of my ancestor Ellen EMMOTT - see this page on my website.

Arthur
    Hi

I have a John Crossley born Cliviger 12 Sept 1762 died Burnley? 1830, the Cliviger address was Bullshead Farm - married an Elizabeth Taylor born 1 Mar 1761 marriage date St Johns Cliviger ? 15 Aug 1779

Cliviger is some 17 miles from Sutton in Craven on what would have been a main route at the time

Thanks for the reply, but I don't think there will be a connection. I know there was quite a bit of going backwards and forwards between Yorkshire and Lancashire, but I think I found a fairly convincing origin in Kildwick for the John Crossley that I'm interested in. I don't have my notes in front of me at present, but when I get back to them I'll bear in mind what you say.

Arthur