Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Loves to help with queries

I hadn't thought of merging the bmd certs into the album. At the moment, they are stored separately - in acid free etc. pockets of course but I will certainly give some thought to that one.

Now I have the scanner, I have loaded what I can onto the computer. However, even after all these years doing the family history, I still get a headache trying to decide if a member of the female line, when she marries, should be filed under her maiden name or not. I am forever moving things about and changing my mind but on the computer they can be moved around.

All of your suggestions are very good and I hadn't thought of making my own pockets to hold any bulkier items.

At the end of the day I think I will just do it to please me and as long as everything is labelled properly, then inerested future generations can figure things out for themselves.

Thank you for the feedback. It's given me plenty to think about.

JohnF

Now you have the scanner it can ALL be referenced on the computer in MANY flexible ways.
    Mary (Aunt Freda) Josephene Williams nee Dragle can be indexed under all those names and everywhere she lived and all she ever did or knew.
    Without taking up any space - or having to remember where you put it!
    Use memory sticks - a 16 GB stick will hold a few thousand pictures.
    Do not use cd. That format is dying and for your descendants it will be like handing them an Edison Phonograph cylinder and saying "It is all on there"
    Be sure to tell them to upgrade to each new format every ten years (fortunately this can be done without any loss of fidelity)
    Above all have FUN doing whatever you decide to do.
    John

kitca

hi, ive been scrapbooking for years. doing the family history. i dont have photos for many of the family, but i do go online and google information on what i do know about these family members. then i add photos of the towns or buildings where they lived, or maps, anything of interest that is tied to them.

as to the original question, if you make your book in scrapbook style and use the paper protectors then you can allways just add in a page or two with no problem.

i have a spiral bound book on the family that was given to me and i found more information on one of the people. i typed it all out and just paperclipped it in at the proper place in the book. i dont think it is as important as to how it looks, just that the information is there for anyone in the future.

oh, about the family scrapbooks that you dont know how to divide up. have you ever thought of photocoping them. a 12 x 12 page copies very nicely into 8 x 8 on the color lazer copier. i know that it isnt the same, but it is a nice way to share your work.

Loves to help with queries

Thak you everyone for the tips. I will try out a few of the ideas and see how we go.

annej

Wink Family Albums

Hi everybody,
    What I've done with my families, is to keep each family in a separate colour ring file. I print out the family tree than try to add photos for the families and has I use loose leaf, I can add to as and when.I also have with each folder the same colour envelpoe file, with *bits* to be sorted out, newspaper cuttings etc.
    The only trouble with this system is that my Family Tree maker produces the oldest first, so when my grandchildren are looking at them they need to start at the back.
    I also need a three bedroomed house to myself!! and a new anorak!!

Hope this helps
    Annej

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12