Fiona67

Default Samuel Johnson West Wickham

Hi
    I am searching for a Samuel Johnson b abt 1813. The census records say he was born in West Wickham. In 1841 he was living with his mother Sarah. I am looking for a birth record for him. Can anyone help?

Regards
    Fiona

Hugh Thompson

Hi Fiona, I don't know if this is your Sarah but I found this at the Kent Archaelogical society, the Monumental Inscriptions of St Georges Church, Beckenham not far from West Wickham. (address below)
    Hugh.
    Mrs Sarah JOHNSON wife of Mr Joseph Johnson of St Georges in the East 30 November 1849 aged 72.

https://www.kentarchaeology.org.uk/Re...Is/MIslist.htm

janbooth

Default Samuel JOHNSON

Hello Fiona,

There is an extracted birth/baptismal record on the IGI (so is more likely to be correct) as follows:

Born 30 October, baptised 29 November 1812 at West Wickham Samuel JOHNSON son Richard & Sarah.

Baptisms of siblings are: Joseph 23 June 1805, Martha 14 March 1807, George 20 August 1809 and Mary 17 March 1811.

Janet

Fiona67

Thank you very much, that looks promising

Regards
    Fiona

Thomasin

Hallo Fiona
    I live in part of West Wickham, and I know that the film of the baptismal record that Janet found will be held at Bromley Library, which is about 2-3 miles away. It probably won't give any more information, but if you like I could go and have a look at it.

Thomasin

Fiona67

Hi Thomasin
    If it isn't too much trouble, that would be great. I would really appreciate it

Regards
    Fiona

Thomasin

Hi Fiona
    I'm sending you a PM.

Thomasin

brf462

I have Samuel Johnson too. Mine was the father of Samuel Alexander Johnson b.1852 in Nassau Bahamas. The father was a British citizen and was working as a Tidewaiter for the British gov. I have no idea where he was born.

Karen Louise

Hi Fiona, I'm new to this site and am not sure if you still use it, but my husband is descended from the Samuel that you mention. We have done a little research over the years and Samuel is definitely the son of Richard and Sarah as Janet above found out. Please reply if you are still interested.

Many thanks, Karen Louise.