dicole

Default G'day from Sydney Australia

I have just joined this forum - I found someone else has posted a query to which, by chance, I knew the answer. So I now I will stay on board and see if anyone can help me, or if I can help anyone else.

I live in Sydney and have been researching our (mine and hubby's) for about 10 years. Ihave five kids and work as a Teachers Aide Special, helping out at our local school.

I had a head start with information from relatives in Australia, so soon had all the Australian migrants sorted out. Tracing back further has taken me all over the UK. My side is mostly English, a couple of Irish lasses who migrated to Manchester, and one Scottish great-great grandfather.
    Husbands lot are more mixed, one Welsh lass who is a brickwall, a couple from Ireland, a few Scots and the rest from all over England.

The main areas of my research at present are:

George DAWSON born about 1795, possibly in Surrey, married Sophia BRAZIL in Lee, Kent in 1823. I know lots about the BRAZILLS from Norfolk, but am stuck with George.

George COLLIS from Hurst Berkshire. Always keen to expand the COLLIS tree - associated names, DREW, ABEAR, NASH, GILBERT, CHAPLIN.

the RODFORD and WORNER families of Martock Somerset.

The PAGE family of carpenters and joiners, nominally from Birmingham. Reuben b 1809 in Ludford Shropshire, had four sons - Thomas (b1835, New York), Joseph (b1840 Birmingham), Reuben (b1860 Frimley/Sandhurst, Hamp/Berks border), and Albert Henry (b1867 Birmingham), all of whom followed his trade of Carpentering.

The COLE family from Oakham Rutland, and Harrow, Middlesex, who migrated in 1841 and 1849 to Melbourne Australia.

My husbands family includes the SHEATHERS and ADES and TANNERS from Sussex/Kent, the BENNETTS of Whitelackington Somerset. KETHEL from Perth Scotland, INGLIS and WHYTE from Ayr Scotland, GURREN and RICE from Ireland and the mysterious Emma Lewis LEEKE from Wales.

I have found lots of contacts for many of our families from all over the world and love to find more.

Diane

Procat

Hi Diane,

Welcome to Brit-Gen.

Hopefully you will find a few more contacts here. We have a fairly large membership and the Google spiders are very quick up picking up the posts.

One of the big benefits of the forum is members helping members - as you have obviously discovered.

Valued member of Brit-Gen

Hi Diane
    welcome aboard, I am also a pretty new member and live in South Wales, so if you have any more info on Emma Lewis Leeke perhaps I might be able to help you.
    Robert.

dicole

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Peep View Post
    Hello Diane and welcome to the Brit-Gen forum. I am delighted you have joined us as we do love to gather genealogy nuts.

I see that you have posted your interest names, so now please take a look around the forum and post your research queries on the relevant boards.
    Hi BoBeep and Procat and all

Thanks for the welcome. I will check out the forums and post to the appropriate ones. Especially a Welsh one re Emma Lewis Leeke !!

Di

v.wells

Welcome Diane. We are a congenial lot here and really love helping others bash down brickwalls. And we are from all corners of the earth