Thread: Nevell

piddington

Default Nevell

Hello I'm hoping someone can help with this brickwall. Agnes Nevell was married 2 Oct 1849 in Woodstone Huntingdon, she is listed as a minor and a servant living in that parish. Father listed John Nevell, labour. Witnesses were Ambrose and Mary Pippen. I have the marriage cert. I found Agnes in the 1851 census with her husband William Greatrix and their son she list her place of birth as Eye Northamptonshire and her age as 19. What I cant find is any record of her birth or Agnes in 1841 census. Or even a John Nevell in the area. was hopking someone would have better luck finding her and her father John .

Knowledgeable and helpful Karen Newman's Avatar

Default Ambrose & Mary

Marriages Jun 1848
    NEVELL Mary Peterborough 15 555
    RIPPIN Ambrose Peterboro 15 555

Looks like Mary was related to Agnes in some way - 1861 her place of birth is Eye.

piddington

Default Nevell

Oh my gosh so Ambrose Pippens wife was a Nevell LOl Thats great and you found them in 1861 census. I knew Agnes and Husband came to Canada sfter 1851 census and no one could find anything about Agnes Nevell in England until until you found that. Thankyou

piddington

Default Nevell

Thankyou for finding out that Agnes had what maybe a sister. From what I can gather the parish records for Eye Northamptonshire are not on line. I still cant find Agnes or Mary in the 1841 Census. Anyone have any idea what I could try next to find the Nevell family.

Mutley

Sorry, I cannot find them either. I found an Agnes and Mary as sisters but the surname was Warren and Dad was Samuel. I wondered if mum had remarried. There are a couple of John Nevell deaths prior to 1841 but I couldn't find a Warren and Nevell marriage.

There are quite a few Nevell and variations living in Irthlingborough in 1841 but not an Agnes.

Sorry

Knowledgeable and helpful Karen Newman's Avatar

Default Eye records

Do you have an LDS Family History Centre near you - if so, they may have filmed the records you need. If so, you can order them and view them, for a very small cost.

see www.familysearch.org for their locations and catalogue of records

piddington

Default Nevell

Thankyou for the suggestion. Just found that there is a centre 30 minutes from me. They are not open again now until next Tuesday but I plan on giving them a call to see if they have records available that I can order in for Eye Northamptonshire. I did notice that other people have trees on Ancestry that have her listed as Agnes Nevell Harris so far no one can explain where Harris came into the picture. I think the trees were just copied off each other as the marriage date is out by 2 years on all of them as well. On her marriage cert it says her profession is servant but doesnt say to whom.

Thanks Again