Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Knowledgeable and helpful

ps I have tried to find apprenticeship records for my ancestor but to no avail but found other info plus a will. Dont give up!

jeeb

Default George Johnson

Hi Titanicfan,

What I noticed here is that you say you have the marriage of George Johnson in 1845. According to the 1851 & 1861 censuses the oldest child George was born in Bath in 1842. He appears to be registered under Johnson:-

George Johnson Apr/Jun 1842 Bath vol 11 page 20.

Who does this birth cert. give as the mother? Susan Johnson was born Poole according to census returns so why would she be in Bath? It could be possible that this is a second marriage and George Johnson was married before and he was the one who orginated from Bath especially as he was 38 at marriage.

Jeremy

Famous for offering help & advice

BathBMD births states mother's maiden name, if George JOHNSON was born in 1842, the mother was ALLEN.
    Was he born before they were married? (if george johnson married Susannah Allen, 1845, Poole)

jeeb

Quote Originally Posted by Mona View Post
    BathBMD births states mother's maiden name, if George JOHNSON was born in 1842, the mother was ALLEN.
    Was he born before they were married? (if george johnson married Susannah Allen, 1845, Poole)
    Hi Mona,
    What I was suggesting to Titanicfan is that George Johnson Snr was possibly married before and George in 1842 was a child of that marriage. He/she needs to see what the maiden name of the mother is on 1842 birth cert as Susannah Allen may not have been the mother of George. According to 1851 there is a three year gap between George & his next sibling. This suggests that possibly first wife died after 1842 and George remarried in 1845. As Susan Johnson was born in Poole and married there in 1845 I wonder if she was ever in Bath?
    There are a lot of people named Johnson in Bath registration district including Georges'. I think it likely George Johnson originated from Bath area not Susannah Allen

Jeremy

Famous for offering help & advice

I follow yer...Jeeb
    but if a George Johnson, son of George was born in Bath (according to Census) the one born in 1842 was mmn Allen, either side of that date... mmn 1840 whatley, or 1845 elliott,
    so..... Titanicfan... what mmn is on the birth cert of George, (the one born in Bath)??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12