Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Brick wall demolition expert!

Two Bibby familes having children in the same area

Wolstanton and Newcastle under Lyme adjoin each other

Births Mar 1876
    BIBBY Mary Elizabeth Newcastle L. 6b 85

Births Jun 1876
    BIBBY Walter Wolstanton 6b 116

The marriage was in Chesterton, Wolstanton district and Walter was born in Silverdale, Wolstanton district. Mary E, the original child suggested was born in Newcastle under Lyme district.

mollie

Hi Katie B. The Walter Bibby I have the b c for was born in 1876. So that could be a possible ,if his landlady's writing wasnt too legible ,or Walters'memory was at fault .
    thanks for the info . Regards ,Mollie.

mollie

Hi Raffaele, I have a marriage cert for Walter , married dec 25th 1900. in Stourbridge
    Worcs . His wife was living at her parents address in 1901, but Walter was missing.
    Do you know what the address was in Silverdale, and was he a lodger?
    Thanks , Mollie.

jeeb

Quote Originally Posted by mollie View Post
    Hi Raffaele, I have a marriage cert for Walter , married dec 25th 1900. in Stourbridge
    Worcs . His wife was living at her parents address in 1901, but Walter was missing.
    Do you know what the address was in Silverdale, and was he a lodger?
    Thanks , Mollie.
    Hi Mollie,
    There is something amiss here!
    Walter Bibby on 1901 aged 23 a lodger, born Silverdale is unmarried so can't be the one who married in 1900 at Stourbrdge but here is where it gets interesting, He is lodging with Charles & Sophie Fisher- was this not Hannah's parents?

Secondly the Samuel Bibby listed as a Lodger in 1881 in Yorkshire was stated as unmarried so he is very unlikely to be the Samuel who married Hannah Fisher in 1874.

Jeremy

mollie

Quote Originally Posted by KatieB View Post
    I've found a Walter Bibby b 1878 Silverdale, Staffs living as a boarder
    RG13 2586 130 page 4 could this be Samuels son?
    Hi Katie , yes that was Samuels son. I learned from someone else on the forum that he was lodging wit someone called Fisher at the time of the 1901 census, I have a feeling that is was his uncle . his mothers' brother , but I know he was definitly married at this time. so the mystery deepens,! Maybe he had left his wife for some reason.
    Thanks forthe interest.
    Regards Mollie

mollie

Quote Originally Posted by jeeb View Post
    Hi Mollie,
    There is something amiss here!
    Walter Bibby on 1901 aged 23 a lodger, born Silverdale is unmarried so can't be the one who married in 1900 at Stourbrdge but here is where it gets interesting, He is lodging with Charles & Sophie Fisher- was this not Hannah's parents?

Secondly the Samuel Bibby listed as a Lodger in 1881 in Yorkshire was stated as unmarried so he is very unlikely to be the Samuel who married Hannah Fisher in 1874.

Jeremy
    Cheers ,Jeremy , I am getting totally confussed ,just grasping at straws I think.

Mollie

jeeb

Default 1911

Hi Mollie,
    Walter Bibby age 34 born Silverdale & Emma Bibby age 33 born Stourbridge are both in Aston in 1911. There are also two children William age 10 & Elizabeth age 8 both born Stourbridge, so it would seem the Walter Bibby a lodger in 1901 was your man. Maybe he had not told his family he was married for some reason but I would think that it was more likely a mistake that he was stated as unmarried in 1901.

Jeremy

mollie

Quote Originally Posted by jeeb View Post
    Hi Mollie,
    Walter Bibby age 34 born Silverdale & Emma Bibby age 33 born Stourbridge are both in Aston in 1911. There are also two children William age 10 & Elizabeth age 8 both born Stourbridge, so it would seem the Walter Bibby a lodger in 1901 was your man. Maybe he had not told his family he was married for some reason but I would think that it was more likely a mistake that he was stated as unmarried in 1901.

Jeremy
    Cheers Jeeb, That info bears out what I thought.
    Thanks, Mollie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12