Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mollie

Unhappy Children of Samuel Bibby

Looking for chilren of Samuel bibby & Hannah nee Fisher , who married in 1874 in Chesterton, Stafford, have found one, Mary Elizabeth , but I'm sure there are others .
    Can anyone help? .

Mollie.

Brick wall demolition expert!

Samuel and Hannah were married in the Wolstanton district of Staffs

I have looked at all the Bibby births in Wolstanton and there are a lot but just 2 Marys, Sept 1882 and Dec 1895. This assumes they did not move to a different area. What birth do you have, the date and where and how do you know it is the right family.

I cannot find the family on the 1881 census. Census records are ideal for proving what children they had and roughly when they were born. Very important prior to 1910 when the Mothers maiden name was included in the index.

Patricia Anne

This is the reference for the 1881 census and they have Mary E and Alice aged 2. If it is the same family. He is called Joseph not Samuel.

Class: RG11; Piece: 2823; Folio: 34; Page: 11;

They are living at 19 Dudley St. Walsall

Patricia Anne

This should help a little with the search

Hannah Fisher
    Female
    Birth abt 1855
    Father Charles Fisher
    Spouse Samuel Bibby
    Spouse's Father James Bibby
    Marriage Date: 29 Mar 1874
    Marriage Place: Chesterton, Staffordshire, England

mollie

Quote Originally Posted by Raffaele View Post
    Samuel and Hannah were married in the Wolstanton district of Staffs

I have looked at all the Bibby births in Wolstanton and there are a lot but just 2 Marys, Sept 1882 and Dec 1895. This assumes they did not move to a different area. What birth do you have, the date and where and how do you know it is the right family.

I cannot find the family on the 1881 census. Census records are ideal for proving what children they had and roughly when they were born. Very important prior to 1910 when the Mothers maiden name was included in the index.
    Hi Raffaele, That was my problem as I couldn't find them on the 1881 census.I found a Samuel Bibby , living as a lodger in Sharleston, Yorkshire, He is down as a colliery fireman ,I have his son Alberts' BC on which he is down as a collier , so I thought this was a possible match. but I couldn't find a hannah on her own in the same census,
    Bit of a problem eh?.
    Regards , Mollie.

mollie

Quote Originally Posted by mollie View Post
    Hi Raffaele, That was my problem as I couldn't find them on the 1881 census.I found a Samuel Bibby , living as a lodger in Sharleston, Yorkshire, He is down as a colliery fireman ,I have his son Alberts' BC on which he is down as a collier , so I thought this was a possible match. but I couldn't find a hannah on her own in the same census,
    Bit of a problem eh?.
    Regards , Mollie.
    Crrection Raffaele. His sons name was Walter.
    Mollie

mollie

Cheers Patricia Ann. Now I know Samuels' fathers name.
    Regards ,Mollie.

The Samuel in Sharleston, Wakefield without Hannah and Mary E looks more of a leap of faith than Joseph with Hannah and Mary E in Walsall.

Chesterton is Stoke on Trent, which is mining and pottery so the mining occupation is possible.

Neither looks to me to be a good choice. You need census entries for them in 1881, 1891 and 1901 to get a fix. No time right now but I will look for mistranscribed versions.

KatieB

I've found a Walter Bibby b 1878 Silverdale, Staffs living as a boarder
    RG13 2586 130 page 4 could this be Samuels son?

Chesterton to Silverdale, about 2 miles, so probably yes.

I can see it was the 1901 census and he is still in Silverdale

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast