Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    deewood8

Default looking for Thomas Henry Cropley

Charles Henry Cropley emmigrated from Ontario Canada, to seek his fortune. He mined in Africa and then onto Australia in Broken Hill.

Procat

Hi,

Do you have a time frame please.

Also, what exactly are you looking for?

GeoffD

There's a marriage and a death in the NSW BMD. Not Thomas (or Charles) Henry.
    https://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/familyHistory/search.htm
    Marriage
    2927/1926
    Thomas E CROPLEY married Alice W DALSTENNE district BROKEN HILL

Death
    4340/1951
    Thomas Edward CROPLEY (father) Thomas (mother) Mary
    district BROKEN HILL
    Last edited by ChristineR; 25-04-2009 at 3:46 AM. Reason: reformat copyrighted material

georgiep

Hi deewood8
    The heading of your post is Thomas Henry Cropley.
    You list some info for Charles and his travels.
    Please could you give more info as to their relationship?
    As Procat asked can we have a time frame?
    Also where were they born?
    What would you like to discover?

Thank You

Georgie

mrs-simpson

Question Alice Winifred

Hi,

I am a first time user and seen this thread and i thought i would ask you for some information on Alice Winifred Dalstenne. If you have any at all.

My Grandfathers name is Charles Henry Dalstenne and he passed in 1947. He was born in February 1921. He Married my Grandmother Ivy Spillman. They had 2 children together before his passing. Patricia Dalstenne and my father Maurice Frederick Dalstenne.My grandfather passed when my father was 10 months old aged 26 and a half.

My Great Grandfathers name was also Charles Henry Dalstenne and Great Grandmothers name was Alice Winifred Catten. I have not yet found any marriage certificates or notices suggesting marriage in Australia. I only know this information as i have seen my grandfathers death certificate with his parents names on it.

We also have enlistment papers for the australian Army that tell us that Charles Henry senior and Alice Winifred were in Broken Hill and he was working in the mines before trying to enlist.

I am sorry that i have no information on Thomas Cropley. But this is the first time i have come across any information that MAY have to do with my fathers family. They are very secretive and as you can imagine, after my grandfather passed away so did anything to do with his family. There may be a connection or there could be no connection at all but i have to check it out.

Thanks for any info you can give me

Procat

Hi Mrs Simpson,

There is this marriage in September Quarter 1904 - hope it is some help

Cotton Alice Holborn 1b 413
    Dalstenne Charles Henry Holborn 1b 413

The Marriage Certificate records this information:

Parish: Saint Luke, Old Street County: Middlesex Borough: Islington

3 July 1904

Charles Henry Dalstenne, 24, Bachelor, Carpenters Labourer, Residence 160 Lever St, Father James Dalstenne (Deceased), Ostler

Alice Cotton, 20, Spinster, Residence 160 Lever St, Father William Cotton, Baker

Witnesses Joseph Samuel Cotton & Julia Elizabeth Cotton

All parties signed

mrs-simpson

thanks for that, i will check it out

deewood8

Quote Originally Posted by Procat View Post
    Hi Mrs Simpson,

There is this marriage in September Quarter 1904 - hope it is some help

Cotton Alice Holborn 1b 413
    Dalstenne Charles Henry Holborn 1b 413

The Marriage Certificate records this information:

Parish: Saint Luke, Old Street County: Middlesex Borough: Islington

3 July 1904

Charles Henry Dalstenne, 24, Bachelor, Carpenters Labourer, Residence 160 Lever St, Father James Dalstenne (Deceased), Ostler

Alice Cotton, 20, Spinster, Residence 160 Lever St, Father William Cotton, Baker

Witnesses Joseph Samuel Cotton & Julia Elizabeth Cotton

All parties signed
    Thanks for that. Yes these are my great grandparents. They immigrated with my grandmother Alice Winifred Dalstenne (Cropley) b1905 to Australia. My great grandmother left her husband when my gran was about 14, and my gran had to bring up her siblings. I do not have any info on my great grans whereabouts?

deewood8

Default Dalstenne and Cropley Families

Quote Originally Posted by mrs-simpson View Post
    Hi,

I am a first time user and seen this thread and i thought i would ask you for some information on Alice Winifred Dalstenne. If you have any at all.

My Grandfathers name is Charles Henry Dalstenne and he passed in 1947. He was born in February 1921. He Married my Grandmother Ivy Spillman. They had 2 children together before his passing. Patricia Dalstenne and my father Maurice Frederick Dalstenne.My grandfather passed when my father was 10 months old aged 26 and a half.

My Great Grandfathers name was also Charles Henry Dalstenne and Great Grandmothers name was Alice Winifred Catten. I have not yet found any marriage certificates or notices suggesting marriage in Australia. I only know this information as i have seen my grandfathers death certificate with his parents names on it.

We also have enlistment papers for the australian Army that tell us that Charles Henry senior and Alice Winifred were in Broken Hill and he was working in the mines before trying to enlist.

I am sorry that i have no information on Thomas Cropley. But this is the first time i have come across any information that MAY have to do with my fathers family. They are very secretive and as you can imagine, after my grandfather passed away so did anything to do with his family. There may be a connection or there could be no connection at all but i have to check it out.

Thanks for any info you can give me
    Thankyou very much, as you said the Dalstenne is a very secretive family. I have joined the ancestry site and also Genes reunited, I have had some contact about our family heritage they have told me that there is no too many Dalstenne.
    I have been told that the name is either Dutch or Jewish, my mum tells me it must be jewish as she has a big nose. Nevetheless, my grandmothers name is Alice Winifred Cropley nee Dalstenne, her mother Alice Cotton left the family when she was a yound lady and she had to bring up her siblings. I am not sure on all there names but I remember Aunt Mem, AUnt May and I am sure there was one brother I think his name was Charles Henry.
    My Great Granddad died in Broken Hill, my gran b 1905 married Thomas Henry Cropley who was from Canada is was quite considerably older than her b1879. The Cropley family disinherited my granddad when he left Canada he travelled all over mining for gold etc, he went to Africa and then London and then AUstralia.
    I hope the above is of some assistance too.
    CHeers
    Deidre

deewood8

Quote Originally Posted by georgiep View Post
    Hi deewood8
    The heading of your post is Thomas Henry Cropley.
    You list some info for Charles and his travels.
    Please could you give more info as to their relationship?
    As Procat asked can we have a time frame?
    Also where were they born?
    What would you like to discover?

Thank You

Georgie
    Thomas Henry Copley was born in Conneticut 1879, Alice Winifred nee Dalstenne b1905 Holborn Middlesex their marriage certificate registration no 2927/1926. Death certificate ref 4340/1951, Father Thomas and mother Mary.

Cheers
    Dee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast