macersgirl

Default Hiett father and son's death????

Hi i have found a problem with my Hiett's. I have father Charles Hiett born 1782 who moved up Southwork Surrey around 1841. I have him on the 1841 census at Winchester place, and 1851 at Friars St, Surrey but the 1861 census only shows his wife charlotte Hiett as a widow with her daughter's family the Leighs , i have looked through findmypast deaths and also freeBMD and i cant find his death anywhere.

The same problem has cropped up with his son George! George goes missing after the 1851 census return (38 Gt Cambridge St Shorditch. I loose George and wife Catherine on the 1861 and 1871 census and then on the 1881 census Catherine turns up as a widow living with son John ,at 129 Juberlie street MEOT, as a widow?. Again i have gone through the BMD records but can't him either. I know people slip through the net on registrations as its happened on another line but to have father and son disapear is strange? I feel that they generally stayed in the same area but have done a wider search in different counties ect but no luck.

Knowledgeable and helpful Karen Newman's Avatar

Default Charles

FreeBMD has this:

Name: Charles Hy*tt
    Year of Registration: 1857
    Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec
    District: Newington
    County: Surrey
    Volume: 1d
    Page: 130

the missing letter may well be an E, looking at the original index

Thomasin

Could this be George's death?

George F T Hiett Jun quarter 1866 Shoreditch 1c 78

Thomasin

Thomasin

Hang on, Catherine is already a widow in 1861, at 86 Jubilee Street, with Bethulia, Martha, George, John and Mary. As Mary was then 8, George must have died at some point after 1852-53.

Thomasin

Mutley

Hello macersgirl,
    It really helps the members to search for you if you give them:
    Birth Name, Birth Date, Birth County.

Karen has come up with the best I can also find for Charles, it sounds good.

As for George, birth details, when and where or census references would really help me to begin searching for you otherwise I have got to try and find the information you have given before I even start.

Please help us to help you.

birdlip

Hi Macersgirl,

how about this one;

Dec 1857 HIGHT George Samuel Bermondsey 1d 79

macersgirl

Smile Hiett's father and son's death????

Hi and many thanks to all of you who have helped me.
    Mutley
    First i am sorry i missed out the place of birth details and place for George. I had remembered to do his fathers but think that was when my daughter wanted feeding lol. (George was born 1818 Farrington Berkshire.)I am all new to this site so will learn as i go on

Thomasin I also found this on freeBMD and i am sure it stated age as 1 but then i have not got paper work in front of me...

Birdlip/karen newland

I will keep this infomation and if the death for 1857 in Newington is wrong then i will look into this one. Hiett is a strange name and the spelling varients are all different.

A big thank you again and sorry if i made you all work extra then needed.

Mutley

Hello,
    Sorry I was a bit short, I had just spent several hours looking for some one's relatives only to then be told, they had given me the wrong information to start with. I was feeling a bit grumpy!

I looked on the Berkshire Burial Index for you just in case they were buried back 'home'. No Charles or George but these burials may be yours.

HIEATT William 26 Oct 1847 age 58 at Cookham, Holy Trinity
    HIETT Louisa Matilda 28 Aug 1826 age 41 at Farringdon, All Saints
    HIETT Rosetta 4 Feb 1884 age 12 at Eaton Hasting, St. Michael & All Angels

Catherine is still with son John in 1891 and dies in 1892, she is easy to see but I am blowed if I can see George. Sorry

macersgirl

Smile

Hi Mutley

Thats ok, I know how frustrating it is, I have spent hours checking something on a member of my own familiy only to realise that i was looking for the wrong years!

Thanks again for all your help i really appreciate it.