Spangle

Default Where to find book?

I'm trying to find a particular book - "Economic history of the Jews in England" by Harold Pollins. I have searched online, my library, Amazon, even Ebay, but no luck. Can anyone tell me where I might be able to get hold of a copy please?

Quote Originally Posted by Spangle View Post
    I'm trying to find a particular book - "Economic history of the Jews in England" by Harold Pollins. I have searched online, my library, Amazon, even Ebay, but no luck. Can anyone tell me where I might be able to get hold of a copy please?
    Title: Economic history of the Jews in England / Harold Pollins.
    Main Author: Pollins, Harold.
    Publisher: Rutherford [N.J.] : Fairleigh Dickinson University Press ; London : Associated University Presses, c1982.
    ISBN: 0838630332
    Description: 339 p. ; 24 cm.
    Series: Littman library of Jewish civilization (Series)
    Notes: Includes index.
    Bibliography: p. 297-321.

The library at work has a copy - I could do a lookup if that would help
    daryl

AnnR

I find Addall Used and Out of Print Books usually comes up trumps. You should find everything that's listed on Abebooks and more. Just Google Addall.

Famous for offering help & advice

Your local library would probably be able to get a copy via inter-library loan - give them the full details from Daryl's message and see what they say. If they can't find it in another county library, they'll try the British Library. Here in Lincolnshire it costs £2.50, refundable if they can't get it, but I think that's unlikely with a relatively recent book.

Arthur

Spangle

Thank you all! At first my heart sank as I found a copy on one of the links (where I discovered the book in the first place, only I hadn't spotted that I could trace copies to buy!), but it was £131.

I'll start checking all those other links and try an inter-library search too. Again, thank you.

Xantippe

It is £24.14 on Alibris.

Kris

hughar

Or £16 plus £3.35 p&p at Abebooks.