rainbird

Default Kerry parish record in Heanor

I was wondering if anyone had access to Parish records for Heanor?

I have a Joseph KERRY appearing in my family tree, in census records he is said to have been born in Heanor about 1828. Can anyone help?

Many thanks.

rainbird

I may have found him and his family on the IGI and the Smalley family history website (Joseph KERRY bapt'd 27th Jan 1828 in Heanor; father Germain and mother Elizabeth CARLIN) . It's not what I was expecting at all though as I was always told that side of the family came from Ireland. It looks as though they stayed around Heanor for a good few generations!

Jack Richards

Hi Rainbird - apologiess I do not know your name.

I had a quick look at my old research (dated 1999) to see if I could help you. Perhaps the following information may be of help to you.

INDEPENDENT CHAPEL OF HEANOR.
    Derbyshire County Record Office, Matlock - Ref : XM. 2 / 5. RG. 4 / 707.
    BIRTHS / BAPTISMS. (it is a film. ref,)

11.04.1820. HANNAH KERRY dau. of GERMAN and ELIZABETH KERRY Parish HEANOR born and Bapt. 27.01.1828.

07.11.1826. JOSEPH KERRY son GERMAN and ELIZABETH KERRY. Parish HEANOR Born and Bapt. 27.01.1828.

11.10.1822. LIDDA KERRY dau. GERMAN and ELIZABETH KERRY. Parish HEANOR Born and Bapt. 27.01.1828.

Also, may I suggest you seek out a copy of a Family Tree compiled by the Reverend KERRY for the KERRY name in the area around Heanor. I cannot find my copy on my p.c. it may have been wiped off, but the Rev. KERRY is
    regarded as having been "the expert" (my words) on the name KERRY in that area.

I believe the said work/research of Rev. Kerry was published.

Regards

Jack
    Last edited by Jack Richards; 25-03-2009 at 8:46 PM. Reason: Missed out last sentence - addn. info.

Jack Richards

Hi Firebird

Further to my previous reply re your research in Heanor and the name KERRY.

My reference to the Rev. Charles KERRY - he was of Smalley and his 'family tree' is of 'around that area'. He was ordained 31.July 1864 at Bishopthorpe and was a Priest at York Minster. In 1868 he was Curate at Puttenham. Of course this snippet does not take you further with your KERRY research but may one day help you, who knows?

I have an interest in an Hannah KERRY, who married a Mathew Richards at Nuthall Parish Church in 1825. I do not know positively where she was from, but believe she was from nearby Heanor.

Regards

Jack
    Last edited by Jack Richards; 25-03-2009 at 9:08 PM. Reason: typo

rainbird

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the info. It's nice to get a bit more information on ancestors. I'll see what I can find about Rev Charles Kerry. The name German seems to crop up quite a bit although in a couple of christening records it is Germain. Any idea where this comes from?

Thanks again!

Theresa

omskirk

I have a copy of a Kerry family tree in Smalley if you want it, you may find something useful, send me your email

rainbird

Thanks Omskirk!

ady.clair

Smile kerry's of Smalley/Morley/Heanor

I also come from this same line of Kerry's from Smalley.

My Grandad is called Edward Kerry, his Gt Gt Grandfather Joseph Kerry (born 1827 Heanor) moved to Nottingham where the rest of my line of Kerry's were born.

We now live in Long Eaton Derbyshire.

Would like to share any info.

regards

Clair

rainbird

Clair- sorry I've only just caught up with this- will pm you my email address!

trooper kerry

Default Kerry family

Hi

Just started out tracing my Kerry family history and got as far back at German & Elizabeth father of my GGG Joseph Kerry. A very kind gentleman has sent me the Rev Charles Kerry document but i cant tie in German into that tree? The fact that Hannah & Lydia are shown but no German?
    Can anyone help?