Thread: Good day

Xantippe

Default Good day

I am new to this site, and like what I see. I have been doing family history forever. Or so it seems but in reality it must be about 9 years off and on. At the time I was living in America and had no access to so much of the research, now I live in France and find I have even less. I had a Family History centre very close in California. I spend most of my time on the computer trying in vain to find lost relatives. I tried asking my mother what her Grandmother was called and she said Grandma. Not much help there.
    I continue in my quest.

Xantippe

Jan1954

Hello Xantippe and welcome to Brit-Gen

Aren't relatives wonderful - the answers that they come up with? Never mind, you are in the right place to find help with your family history. Just settle back, kick off those shoes and have a good old wander round. When you find the board that best fits your questions, pop them on (the questions, not the shoes....) and we will see what we can do to help.

Enjoy yourself!

Xantippe

Thanks, I can see I will be spending a lot of time here. It was just as well my mother didn't give a good answer because most of those she did give were somewhat fanciful, if not downright lies. The trouble is I didn't start it until she was the last one of her generation left, and now she is gone I and my cousins are all I have for information and we don't know anything . Their mothers weren't much better at giving out information. which leads me to believe there is something hidden that I haven't yet found!! Oh I do hope so otherwise we are such a boring lot.

Xantippe

Graemer

Hi X,
    I only recently joined and have had great guidance here.

I too began researching very late but wanted to solve the mystery of my late Nan's parents that she never knew.She was fostered out as a baby and ended up in Australia and created my little family. Through vaguely searching the internet I discovered that her parents had her out of wedlock and later married and so I began a more earnest search that went on and off for years.

I have made great advances since joining these good folk, and they know everything...but what's great is they lead in you in the right direction but also let you make discoveries for yourself to enjoy.

You'll have a fruitful time here!

Cheers
    Graeme