floristofdean

Default Finding criminals. Help please

Today I discovered that at the time of my husband's grandfather William being had up for begging at the Liverpool Police Court on 3 April 1909, his mother was recorded as Catherine Dean criminal. His father was listed as Henry Dean Dock Labourer and the address of House 4 Court 13 Bean Street was given. No address was added after Catherine's name. How should I go about seeking her criminal record?

floristofdean

Thanks Finbar
    The site was an interesting read, but unfortunately there was no mention of Catherine Dean. I am wondering if the Police court proceedings for William might give some details about his mother.

floristofdean

Visited Liverpool records office today and discovered that the juvenile records for 1909 no longer exist. I thought that there might be a mention of why Catherine is described as a criminal at the time of William being before the magistrate at the police court. To find details of Catherines conviction I have begun to work backwards through the magistrates records from April 1909 - there is no names index. Is this the best way to find details of Catherines offence or can someone suggest a more effective method. Any advice would be much appreciated.

floristofdean

Still no sucess on this. Having discovered that Catherines mother is listed as the parent at her daughters confirmation in 1908 I feel sure that Catherine was unable to look after her family at this time. Could she have been in prison in Liverpool? Does anyone know where I might find the records for Liverpool prison inmates at this time?