ET in the USA

Default Anyone searched Anc**y Medical registers?

Not sure if this is a good place to post this, but it does deal with the medical profession.

Today at the library I tried looking at the Medical Registers on An**y. What a chore !!! Anyone have any tips ? They seem to lack any way to be sure you are even on the correct alphabetical page. For example, searching for John Dale brings up every entry where someone lives in a dale or in a town ending with dale. Each year will have 3 - 5 [or more] pages & often it isn't even the 'D' section. For the census, you get a clue by putting the mouse over "View Record". Am I missing something on the Medical Registers that would help ?

Procat

I think the indexing has been messed up. You are correct. Searching for a person named John Dale also brings up those living in a place including the name Dale.

Send them an email of complaint.

Famous for offering help & advice michaelpipe's Avatar

Are you referring to the UK Medical Registers, if so then I must be doing something wrong as all I get is a list of John Dales by year, each link leading to the correct page. Which year, or where, do you want to find him?
    Michael

Suffolk Pipe – one tree

Procat

Hi Michael,

I think the first 5 or so are correct. But if you keep looking at the pages you will eventually stumble across one where the name has no relation to John Dale but the person is located in Weardale.

Procat

Search for John Dale then look at the entries for 1867. It appears as though the indexing has been done using OCR and they did not differentiate between the name column and the location column.

Famous for offering help & advice michaelpipe's Avatar

Apologies - you are correct. I had randomly clicked on about 15 of them and hit a "John Dale" every time. Perhaps that augers well for a lottery ticket
    Michael

Suffolk Pipe – one tree

Procat

If you win I expect a reasonable share then.