Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    sindylin

Yes thats something I have tried to do but there aren't any old photos of where they lived, but luckily the most of the Victorian houses they lived in are still standing and one chap had all the deeds going right back to the time my 3 x g grandfather had it built which was handy! the house hasn't changed much on the outside. A local historian who I talk to regularly has written two books on the area and he says I can use his photos.

I am luckier on my father's side as there are lots of photos of the people concerned and my grandmother and her sisters are all still living and all in their 90's, one was 100 on 13th April! So plenty of recent photos. I even remember my g grandfather so I can at least speak from experience there! thing is the book is aobut my mother's side! hay ho!

I stayed with my nan throughout my childhood so have lots of us together.

Many thanks for the reply Good luck with your research

sindylin

Famous for offering help & advice

Hi

I have often wrote biographies on selected ancestors. The selected ones are ancestors who have caught my imagination. I have written many bios using images and photos so that I can read them when I like.

Ben

I am lucky that some of my lineages are self spicing
    Plenty of Naval connections, a privateer (even though I cannot get traction on that one), Rabbis, Writers to the signet, children allegedly lost in a bush fire or taken by a dingo, surgeons, someone shot by her son-in-law (accidentally), arrivals in New Zealand in 1842 and in America c 1742, soldiers in India not to mention servicemen in both world wars.
    MY challenge is to do them justice
    daryl

Famous for offering help & advice

Hi

I tend to write up books on ancestors who had a colourful life, or moved around a lot. One of my ancestors moved 100 miles from her birthplace to go into service.

They are more interesting than ancestors who were born, married, censusised and died in the same village, but even then there may be some who catch my imagination. All of my London ancestors are interesting.

Ben

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123