Kiernan

Question Phipps Family (London--Tottenham)

Hi,

Looking for information on an Alfred Phipps who married Marion Jane Trigance in 1871 (Shoreditch)--after the 1871 census. Alfred was active in the trade union movement and apparently was one of the founders of the Trades Hall in Tottenham. I have no birth or death date. I'm not sure if he even came from London. Family stories say he was an only child. I can find his wife listed as a widow on the census of 1881, 1891, & 1901 living with their three sons, Alfred, Cecil Ralph, and Harry K.

Does this ring a bell with anyone? I have not been able to lay hands on the 1841, 1851, or 1861 census to see if he is there. (Would be very grateful is anyone would look up Alfred Phipps on the census.)

Thanks,

Ron Leech

Quote Originally Posted by Kiernan
    I have no birth or death date. I'm not sure if he even came from London.
    Hi

Can't help with your census part but FreeBMD lists only 6 deaths for the whol;e country in these names for the period 1871 to 1881, 2 of which might be your man. Dec 1876 Maidstone and Jun 1880 Lambeth. As these give age at death if one of them is the correct person it should be fairly easy to find his birth.