Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jeeb

Quote Originally Posted by Philip Crawford View Post
    Hello All,

Just for information, there is a headstone at St Augustine Parish Church Droitwich for James Priddy age 63 born 1778 buried 1841 and his wife Ellen Priddy aged 81 born 1779 buried 1860.

Philip
    Hi Philip,
    You have these two churches the wrong way round. St. Andrews is the old parish church of Droitwich and is situated at the top of the High Street in Droitwich and no longer has a burial ground or gravestones. St Augustine is the parish church of Dodderhill and sits on top of the hill overlooking Droitwich town.

Jeremy

LittleSpark

Default Priddey

Quote Originally Posted by jeeb View Post
    Hi Philip,
    You have these two churches the wrong way round. St. Andrews is the old parish church of Droitwich and is situated at the top of the High Street in Droitwich and no longer has a burial ground or gravestones. St Augustine is the parish church of Dodderhill and sits on top of the hill overlooking Droitwich town.

Jeremy
    Hi Everyone,
    I really don't know if these are related to the Priddeys I'm looking for as I can't find them on the early census. I will keep a note of what you all say and let you know if I find anything out.

Thanks a lot

Sheila

samgibbons56

Quote Originally Posted by LittleSpark View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    I really don't know if these are related to the Priddeys I'm looking for as I can't find them on the early census. I will keep a note of what you all say and let you know if I find anything out.

Thanks a lot

Sheila
    Hi Sheila,
    The family are indexed as Priddey in 1891 and are here RG12/2341 page 16 Claines
    in 1881 George is unm age 19 step-son here RG11/2932 page2 and in 1871 RG10/3066 page 2, both these are at Martin Hussingtree.
    There is also a bapt in Claines on freereg that corresponds with his dob of 1862 s/o Richard Priddey and Mary Ann.
    Sam

samgibbons56

Hi again,
    The IGI shows a marriage between Richard Priddey and Mary Ann Hughes at Claines in 1860.
    As the 1871 census shows a sister Jane and niece Mary A Hughes I'd say this was the correct one.
    Sam
    Last edited by samgibbons56; 09-03-2009 at 1:17 PM. Reason: spelling!!!

Philip Crawford

Thanks Jeremy: I meant Dodderhill not Droitwich : apologies. I remember walking up the hill!! Regards Philip

LittleSpark

Hi Sam,
    Have got all information you've posted on forum. The one I'm stuck with is the 1841/51 as I cannot find Richard Priddey only Richard Prittey and as I don't know his parents I'm not sure if this is the one I'm after.
    Thanks a lot for looking - very kind of you

Sheila

jeeb

Default Sheila- re your e mail

Hi Sheila,
    I agree with the information you have so far. I will outline the next generation back and if you can't find them come back to me.

Richard was born in Stock & Bradley, Worcestershire. He is a servant, waggoner in 1851 named Richard Pretty.
    His parents are William & Ann Preedy also in Stock & Bradley (Feckenham) in 1851. William was a labourer born 1794 in Tardebigge. Richard can be found with his parents in 1841 at Stock & Bradley named Prettey. William is then a Shoemaker.

Jeremy

Hi Sheila,

Only just found this conversation. In my HANDS tree, Esther HANDS married William PRETTY, in Hanbury, in 1792. He was a yeoman and although born in Feckenham, raised the family of 8 in Bradley.

Work on this line started a few months ago when I found a HANDS/TOLLEY marriage on Ancestry Public Trees. This was a different line of my HANDS tree, but a PRETTY line married in to it many many years later. After a great deal of back tracking I have proved the link, and come across many variations of the PRETTY spelling. (Say PRETTY in a very strong Worcestershire accent and you can write anything!)

There are several other relevant PRETTY trees on Ancestry, and if I remember correctly ALL have basic errors in them.

I don't think I have your family's details but may be able to help. We could even have a connection.

Cheers

Mike

LittleSpark

Hi Mike
    Just a quickie - yes the Priddey name was originally Pretty.
    Haven't looked at them for ages as I was researching the Priddey's for my dad's cousin.
    Will have a look and see

Sheila

LittleSpark

Hi Mike,

Have sent you a pm

Sheila

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12