Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Greg Yancer

Default HARRISON, CLULEY

I am trying to find the parents of Rebecca HARRISON b. abt. 1823. I know she had a son out of wedlock in 1849 named James Charles HARRISON, later to be changed to Cluley. Rebecca m. Thomas CLULEY 24/12/1854 in Walsgrave-on-Sowe.
    Rebecca is listed in the 1851 census as living with her widowed mother, Sarah in Sowe.
    This is my wife's family and we came to a halt when we found out that her family was actually not CLULEYS, but Harrison and who knows what.

Thanks, Greg

samgibbons56

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Yancer View Post
    I am trying to find the parents of Rebecca HARRISON b. abt. 1823. I know she had a son out of wedlock in 1849 named James Charles HARRISON, later to be changed to Cluley. Rebecca m. Thomas CLULEY 24/12/1854 in Walsgrave-on-Sowe.
    Rebecca is listed in the 1851 census as living with her widowed mother, Sarah in Sowe.
    This is my wife's family and we came to a halt when we found out that her family was actually not CLULEYS, but Harrison and who knows what.

Thanks, Greg
    Hello,
    The IGI has Rebecca Harrison bapt 9 Nov 1823 at Walsgrave on Sowe parents James and Sarah.
    Also a marriage of James Harrison to Sarah Smith 15 Sept 1816 at Walsgrave.
    Hope this helps
    Regards
    Sam

Greg Yancer

Sam,
    Thank you very much. This is information that I didn't have about Rebecca's parents. This gives me some place to start.

Thanks again,
    Greg

samgibbons56

Hi Greg,
    Happy to have been able to assist.
    Sam

Frank Harrison

Default Rebecca Cluley

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Yancer View Post

Thanks, Greg
    Hello Greg
    I may be able to help with your query.
    Firstly in the 1851 census Rebecca is listed living with her mother. However it indicates her mother was married not widowed.
    I believe Sara's husband James Harrison was recorded in that census on the farm where he worked and was listed as a farm servant. His age was shown as 60 and he was shown as married.
    I believe Sarah was a Smith. The IGI lists a Sarah Smith marrying James Harrison on the 15th September 1816 at Walsgrave on Sowe.
    The IGI also lists a female child. Smith Sarah / Elizabeth Smith F C 23rd March 1794 Walsgrave on Sowe
    There was no reference to a father
    James and Sarah it appears had at least 9 children of whom Rebecca was one and sister to my 3x Great Grandmother Mary who had an illigitimate son John Henry Ison Harrison in 1850 whilst houskeeper to Henry Ison.
    Cheers Frank