Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    ... as that only seems to record messages received I've no proof that I pressed 'send'.
    Perhaps your specs need cleaning ... there is a drop-down menu from "Messages", one choice is "Sent Items"

Last edited by Geoff Everitt; 30-07-2014 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Edited to enhance the reader's experience

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Everitt View Post
    Perhaps your specs need cleaning ... there is a drop-down menu from "Messages", one choice is "Sent Items"

And I'm sure I've seen that before. But all I'm getting in the banner at the moment is 'My messages' with drop-down options of 'read your messages' and 'send a message'.
    Will have an other look after I've been to the pub for lunch.

Pam
    who fortunately has a sense of humour else she might get you banned for being cheeky. 'Edited to enhance the reader's experience' indeed.

Click on "Read your messages" then click on Messages.

Thanks Geoff-E.
    What a stupid, illogical, place to put it!
    But, yes, I did send eilleen a message on 14th June.

Pam
    (with apologies to everyone for sending this thread slightly off-topic)

baraboy

Default Starmers Pit

Hi there I know this thread is 2006 but I have only just come across it. The name Starmers Pit has come from the man who owned it many years ago. He was known as "Happy" Starmer I dont know his first name. He also owned land on the other side of the railway which is called six fields. It is now developed into a housing estate called "six fields" Happy sold the land and pit off many many years ago when he was hit with financial problems. How do I know this I hear you ask? Well he was like a grandfather to my wife and his wife we called her nanny Starmer lived with my mother in law during the 1970's and died early eighties. I don't know all the info you may have got but I did see someone mentioned scrubland being rented if that refers to sixfields then it was owned by Mr. Starmer. Hope that helps you if you ever get this of course
    Baraboy

Hi Baraboy,

Welcome to British-Genealogy.

It's amazing how information which answers the original question suddenly appears years later.

I'll keep an eye open for Geoff-E seeing your reply, and give him a nudge if necessary. And he, in turn, can contact Pho2.

Do keep an eye on this thread in case people want to ask you more questions.

Pam

baraboy

Default Starmers Pit

Just an update "Happy" Starmers real first name was Horace if it helps anyone.
    Thanks Tony

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345