Thread: jolley

aussie01

Default jolley

Good evening all,

trying to trace the movements of my grandmother, catherine jolley.
    Here is what i know. Catherine's father sidney john jolley mother mary agnes rowlandson. Lived connah quay, 11 henriette street 1911. Sidney john's father was robert jolley a very well know figure in rhyl society, member of the council and very active liberal, member of the liberal party. Had a plumbing business in rhy, lived in 4 elwyn st rhyl.
    Mother mary agnes died in 1911 buried in shotton.
    Siblings, robert james 1894, sidney william 1895, agnes eliza 1898 all born in india. Letitia catherine 1902 neston and my grandmother catherine 1905 wirral. Father sidney john member of the 22nd cheshire. Father went back to war and left children behind, the two brothers joined up. What happened to children. Were there any ladies colleges in the area of flintshire/cheshire where the girls could have boarded whilst their father was away. I have checked grandparents but they were quite old in 1911.
    What was the names of the primary schools they may have gone to in connah quay or area? At what age did children attend school?

Many thank yvette.

Wirral

According to CheshireBMD, as well as Catherine born in Neston, Wirral in 1905, there were 3 other JOLLEY children born in Neston about that time: James 1904; Charles Edward 1906; Andrew Kennedy 1908. Could they be related to your family? If so, might the girls be living with them?

aussie01

Quote Originally Posted by Wirral View Post
    According to CheshireBMD, as well as Catherine born in Neston, Wirral in 1905, there were 3 other JOLLEY children born in Neston about that time: James 1904; Charles Edward 1906; Andrew Kennedy 1908. Could they be related to your family? If so, might the girls be living with them?
    I have not been able to make a connection with these other children, not to say one does not exist of course. Although i will keep these names in mind just in case. Thanks for the research.

cheers yvette.