Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Indigo_Child

This relative in the photo has for years been my "raison d'ętre" in genealogy. It bothers me that he only exists in this photo and I'm bound and determined to put a face and history to him before I die! MY uncle was MIA in WWII RCAF and I know what a gaping hole it left in his siblings' lives. They never knew where his body was, except "somewhere" west of Ireland in the Atlantic. When my father died, all I said to my sister was, "Well, I guess he knows what happened to Uncle Keith now".

Famous for offering help & advice

I found my first convict ancestor sibling recently and was delighted. Until recently it was apparently a bit of a stigma to admit to having a convict ancestor but that is one of the rewards of genealogy. If you cannot accept convicts, affairs or illegitimate births in your tree then yes, maybe genealogy is not for you. But on here we are all into family history and seem to be prepared for such stories.

I have a few illegitimate births in my tree, some cases where the father has not been found but I have 2 cases where I have proven beyond reasonable doubt who the fathers were, both Sussex cases in 1771 and 1863. Bastardy bonds/affiliation orders where the man admits paternity is highly strong evidence even if not actual 100% proof. If you come across such things then it is best to take the cases as proven. 99% or 99.5% certainty as all the parties involved have been dead for 100 to 200 years.

Diwali

A humorous, but not factual, story that's been doing the rounds for a few years. But, always good for a laugh. Thanks.

Famous for offering help & advice

I love the Remus Rodham hoax.

Diwali

Quote Originally Posted by benny1982 View Post
    I love the Remus Rodham hoax.
    It might have been a good idea if I had also mentioned 'Remus Rodham' in my message. Thanks for reminding me to be a little more helpful in my contributions. :-)

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011