Janet Sullivan

Question Shirley Street Warwickshire

I am looking for the family of Thomas Green born in Shirley Street in Warwickshire around 1800 (1841 census). I can not find any information re the location of this area which was near to Solihull, or where the records of anyone living here would be kept. Was there a local parish church, or did they go to Solihull? Can anyone help? Thomas married Hannah??? from Handsworth and moved to Oldbury where their first child was born in 1819. Many thanks Janet.

MiaB

Talking

Hiya,

I had a look for Shirley Street in my Birmingham A-Z and it doesn't exist anymore. But what I can tell you is that Shirley is an actual place now, situated about 4 miles out of Solihull town centre, on the A34 Stratford Road, which runs between the M42 motorway and Birmingham City Centre.

So then I had a look on an old map of Warwickshire dated 1787 and I FOUND SHIRLEY STREET!!!!

Anyway, if you want to pm me your email address, I'll email the map to you and point you in the right direction as to where it is on the map. I can't really attach it to this post, as it's HUGE (well, too big to post on here anyway).

Peter Green

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I am looking for the family of Thomas Green born in Shirley Street in Warwickshire around 1800 (1841 census). I can not find any information re the location of this area which was near to Solihull, or where the records of anyone living here would be kept. Was there a local parish church, or did they go to Solihull? Can anyone help? Thomas married Hannah??? from Handsworth and moved to Oldbury where their first child was born in 1819. Many thanks Janet.
    Hi, My great great grandfather is the Thomas Green mentioned in your enquiry from 2005.
    I have quite a lot of information on the Green family if you are interested. I would also like to know how you are connected to Thomas.

Janet Sullivan

Hi, Thomas and Hannah had a number of children in Oldbury, one of whom was George. George married Charlotte Taylor, and one of their several children was David Taylor Green. David married Sarah Ann Chidlow and they had 12 children, one of whom was my grandmother, Selina Green.

So Thomas and Hannah are my ggg grandparents.

If you would like to contact me directly my email is [email protected]

Janet Sullivan

whoops, just realised I mis-spelt the email address should be [email protected]