Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    liz hutchison

Wink Thomas Langhorn and Elizabeth Richards

Hi having nearly done my head in trying to find the children of Thomas Langhorn and Elizabeth Richards who married in Bloomsbury 1808. I think my 3x Grandfather Thomas Langhorn is one and Robert Riley Chandler Langhorn is another, can anyone see anymore children to this couple so I can connect this Family. Thomas Langhorn the child was born about 1814-16 in Bloomsbury and Robert Riley Chandler Langhorn was born in Cambridge 1813. I believe that Thomas and Elizabeth should be the parents if not they would have to be their Aunty and Uncle so there is a connection but truly I cannot work it out. Liz Hutchison

Brick wall demolition expert!

I checked on IGI and neither of these births are recorded there yet.

The 1861 census shows the following

Marylebone

Robert Langhord Head 48 Frenchpolisher b Cambridge
    Ann Wife 48 b Middx St George
    Ann Hinds Niece 9 b Marylebone

Thomas Langhord Head 45 French Polisher b Bloomsbury
    Emily Wife 35 b Hants
    Thomas Son 13 b Marylebone
    Robert GC 11 b Marylebone

I cannot find a census record or an IGI borth or marriage for Thomas snr
    Any evidence on his age and where he was born or married

liz hutchison

Talking thomas langhorn and Elizabeth Richards

Hi and thank you for your reply, Thomas Langhorn is married to Emily and raising his son's from his first marriage to Amelia Mattocks who died in 1852 from complications of child birth the child a daughter also died after being named Amelia after her mother, sad. This Thomas is my 2x Great Grandfather. Robert Langhorn is Robert Riley Chandler Langhorn married to Ann a brother to this Thomas, they have in common Elizabeth Richards and Thomas Langhorn am not sure if these are the parents of Robert and Thomas or they Aunty and Uncle. Find it very hard finding this family it gets a bit confusing have some Data on the Langhorn Family from Cambridge but nothing matches the parents unless I go back another generation and work my way forward. Liz Hutchison

This issue is at a difficult time. The brothers are mid forties in 1861 which makes their births before 1837 making it tougher. The only real clue I can see in stitching them to the Cambridge connection is the birth places reported on the census.
    If they are brothers, then the family was in Cambridge c 1823 but by c 1826 were in London. How does that fit with your Langhorn Cambridge information

liz hutchison

Wink thomas langhorn and Elizabeth Richards

Hi Thanks for your reply, in the next couple of days will go back over what I have and try to make sense of why they are in London.Liz Hutchison

Hi Liz

I cannot find the 1808 marriage for Thomas and Elizabeth
    I conducted a complete review of Census information for Thomas and Robert Langhorn in either Cambridge or London

1841 Thomas 47 Servant in Bottisham Hall

1851 27 St John Street North, Marylebone
    Thomas Langhorn Head 35 French Polisher b Bloomsbury

Hi Liz

I cannot find the 1808 marriage for Thomas and Elizabeth
    I conducted a complete review of Census information for Thomas and Robert Langhorn in either Cambridge or London

1851 27 St John Street North, Marylebone
    Thomas Langhorn Head 35 French Polisher b Bloomsbury
    Emily Wife 28 b Marylebone
    Thomas Son 3 b Marylebone
    Robert GC Son 1 Marylebone

1861 10 Homer Street
    1871 38 Homer Street
    1881 5 Whitworth Place, Plumstead

1871 37 St George Place Kensington
    Thomas Langhorn Head 23 French Polisher, b Marylebone
    Elizabeth Wife 25 b Notting Hill
    1881 169 Cornwall Road
    Walter son 9
    Robert son 7
    Elizabeth dau 5
    Albert son 3

They Married Dec 1868 Kensington

1861 28 Cross St Marylebone
    Robert Langhorn, Head, 48, French Polisher, b Cambridge
    Ann Wife 48, b St Georges Hanover Sq

No further record

1891 92 Cobbold Road, Willesden
    Robert Langhorn Head, 41, French Polisher, b Marylebone
    Emma wife 36, b St Pancras
    robert son 14
    Frederick son 11

This suggests that the Cambridge connection preceeds this.
    The Thomas and Robert you refer to are brothers but from the Thomas snr marriage to Emily which is way outside of your time scale.

Regards

My Brickwall is still Thomas Langhorn born Bloomsbury 1816. Since last time I posted this I have his Marriage Certificate, it States the his father is also Thomas Langhorn he is a Coach Builder, Thomas's {1816}Mother is not mentioned. So both having the first name did not help. The only thing different is one is a Coach Builder and one is a French Polisher. Still cannot find the Marriage of his parents have tried. In the 1841 Cencus which I would hope to help me find this family they are not recorded have tried many variations came up blank.Have also looked at Scottish REcords that also came up blank the only thing I can tink of that the Surname is Mistranscribed. Can anyone help me find my BRickwall. Liz Hutchison
    Just reconnecting your new thread to the old.

I have gone through all we did before and looked again at the IGI records. There are Thomas Langhorns born around 1790 period in both London and Cambridge so I went looking for his marriage to Elizabeth and I cannot find it on IGI.

Thomas Langhorn and Elizabeth Richards who married in Bloomsbury 1808
    What information do you have on this which could give us a clue

liz hutchison

Cool thomas langhorn

Hi I have found out that ThomasB1816 Bloomsbury and Robert B.1813 Cambridgeshire are brothers. Its like I am missing some think, jusy cannot put my finger on it. The Marriage of Thomas to Elizabeth was sent to me by someone that checked the Parish Records. I have been in contact with lots of my 3-4-5th Cousins and they are the same cannot find the marriage of Thomas born around 1778-80. No other brothers or sisters have been found yet either.Liz Hutchison

Because we cannot find it on the IGI does not make it wrong. If the IGI has a record and it is an extracted record then it is positive but the final arbitor always are the parish records.

We know from the census that the Langhorns are close but is it London Langhorns related to Cambridge Langhorns.

You need to get the parish record double checked. If it is your Thomas, then Thomas Jnr is related to Robert. If the Bloomsbury marriage is not yours then the family came from Cambridge before Thomas jnr was born.

One negative though, it was cusomary for the first born to be named after the father unless of course an elder Thomas died as a child then it was customary to replace him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast