Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: POW cards;

Braeseke

Question

Hi Eise, What did you ask of the Japanese Embassy? I may have been able to help you!

Quote Originally Posted by Eise View Post
    Well I tried, I did the cheeky bit and emailed the Japanese embassy, needless to say I have had no answer and it has been over a week I think now.

I was very polite.

Eise

Eise

Default To all interested in this thread.

I did not attach the item i just asked The Embassy if they could help and if so would i be allowed to send the card. There are many areas on the card in Japanese writing, whether dates of places I do not know. As you can see, Timor is actually shown so we knew this part of it. You have been exremely helpful with your advice but maybe the majority of you are right when you say we have gained all we can for the moment. Thanks again.
    I did contact the embassy but to date have had no reply so maybe I should know let it rest.
    Eise

Eise

Default pow card

I just wondered if anyone noticed the dates were wrong on the card. Iy gives Fred birth date correctly then date of capture is also given as 1923 which is wrong; it should read 1942. Also woule anyone be interested in seeing another card i have here which is one for an internee's tribunal. My husbands great grandfather who was of German birth. it is interesting to see. i will attach it ASAp
    eise

Eise

Default Hi Procat

Sorry to bother you again but i have been trying to place another image on this site of my husbands great grandfathers tribunal card as i thought it would be interesting for some to see, but the method through photo bucket seems to have stopped. I am now a registered member and I followed the steps you gave but nothing is happening. It worked with the POW card so easy.
    eise

Sorry to bother you again but i have been trying to place another image on this site of my husbands great grandfathers tribunal card as i thought it would be interesting for some to see, but the method through photo bucket seems to have stopped. I am now a registered member and I followed the steps you gave but nothing is happening. It worked with the POW card so easy.
    eise

There's a note on another thread saying that Photobucket's been having problems but is OK now, so why not have another try before you worry too much?

Lesley

Braeseke

I just wondered if anyone noticed the dates were wrong on the card. Iy gives Fred birth date correctly then date of capture is also given as 1923 which is wrong; it should read 1942. Also woule anyone be interested in seeing another card i have here which is one for an internee's tribunal. My husbands great grandfather who was of German birth. it is interesting to see. i will attach it ASAp
    eise

The dates were not wrong as far as I'm aware, they were just in Japanese calendar format and I converted them for you. I wrote the conversions down on two of your threads (on another site) and also notified you of what I had done previously in this thread.

Eise

Default Tribunal card image

If this works i am about to re try to get this image onto this site. It is quite interesting

Eise

Eise

Default tribunal image problem

Sorry this isnt working will try again later.
    eise

Valued member of Brit-Gen. Aislin's Avatar

Perhaps you can use this site to translate the symbols and then use an online translater like google translator to figure out what it means.

https://www.linguanaut.com/japanese_alphabet.htm

https://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123