Braeseke

Smile

Sorry, I updated Eise's other thread...

Place of capture is Timor.

Procat

Thanks Braeseke,

Quote Originally Posted by Procat View Post
    Hi Eise,

Looks as though we have no Japanese readers here.

I suppose you could be really cheeky and send an email to the Japanese embassy.

I've asked my Japan-resident nephew. He says that it says Timor. I think that's one of the areas occupied by Japan in WW2, so that would fit.

Lesley

DebbyG

Hi

Many men were caught in Timor itself, i wonder if this was the case for your father in law.
    The dates do not tie in with his DOB is this because they have used their own japenese calender, which works differnetly to ours.
    A very interesting document to see, thanks for sharing

xx

Eise

Default POW cards -

Thank you all who have given advice or just remarked on this card. Can you tell me Procat whether emailing the Japanese embassy isea is a joke I dont mind doing that, anything to show me what I have here. I have now sent a copy to the Red Cross in Geneva. ICRC.

Here it takes a long time but they always get back to you eventually. They have details as on here so hopefully this will help. However The Japenese Embassy is a place to try if everyone thinks they wont be offended.

Eise

Quote Originally Posted by Eise View Post
    Thank you all who have given advice or just remarked on this card. Can you tell me Procat whether emailing the Japanese embassy isea is a joke I dont mind doing that, anything to show me what I have here. I have now sent a copy to the Red Cross in Geneva. ICRC.

Here it takes a long time but they always get back to you eventually. They have details as on here so hopefully this will help. However The Japenese Embassy is a place to try if everyone thinks they wont be offended.

Eise
    But since we got the place of capture translated for you, what extra would you hope to gain from their Embassy?
    Lesley

Eise

Wink POW cards

Hi Pro Cat,

Have just been chatting to one of my contacts and they suggested the same. They said If i was polite about the request and asked permission to send them a copy of the document it should be ok so I will let you know how i do. Eise

Braeseke

Question

Eise, I'm not sure what else you are expecting to get from the card you've displayed. I've previously converted the dates and place of capture on your other thread.

Are you hoping that the Japanese Embassy will give you some additional information?

Procat

Quote Originally Posted by Eise View Post
    Hi Pro Cat,

Have just been chatting to one of my contacts and they suggested the same. They said If i was polite about the request and asked permission to send them a copy of the document it should be ok so I will let you know how i do. Eise
    Hi Eise,

It wasn't a joke. But as others have pointed out you do now appear to have all the information that can be obtained from the card.

Eise

Red face Hello Procat

Well I tried, I did the cheeky bit and emailed the Japanese embassy, needless to say I have had no answer and it has been over a week I think now.

I was very polite.

Eise

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast