Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: POW cards;

Eise

Default POW cards;

Hello out there.

I have now received a copy of Fred Bailey's records and inside is a copy of his POW card. Not much info on here but if I can find a way to post it on this site maybe someone can translate the Japanese writing; Place of capture is in Japanese; camp ref is 19 12 3 his POW number was 4335 Also Timor is mentioned by his regt;
    Any help out there. We also have a mention of The Pacific Star. Could this have been the ship he was transported from Japan to Canada on;
    eise

Procat

Hi Eise,

see this thread for tips on posting to the forum using photobucket.

Eise

Default photobucket

Hi I have followed instructions and it tells me the image is loaded but how do i get it here.

eise

Eise

Default For Procat

This is the image of the POW card, hope someone can help, there isnt much to go on. eise

Braeseke

Mistake, sorry - removed

Procat

Hi Eise,

Looks as though we have no Japanese readers here.

I suppose you could be really cheeky and send an email to the Japanese embassy.

v.wells

Smile

Eise

What a fascinating piece! I have no idea what it says in Japanese. Perhaps it is just Japanese translated into English for either Japanese officials and English officials. I have never seen a POW record so thank you for showing it to us.

Procat

I think it is the place of capture which only has the japanese writing that Eise is specifically after.

v.wells

translate.google.com might be able to do it.

I went to do it and didn't know how to proceed

Procat

Good suggestion Vanessa.

I think the problem is that you can only translate in one of two ways.

Type in or paste the characters you want translated or ask it to translate a web page.

As the characters are in a jpeg on this site we can't copy and paste them. I tried to get the page translated but it ignored the image.

If Eise has the original in a pdf or word doc it should be possible to copy and paste.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast