Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Keith Daniells

Cool Conder.-Cambridgeshire.

Thomas Conder. B 1814 Guilden Morden, Cambs. Wife, Ann Gentle 1816. Married AMJ 1842 Royston Vol 6 Page 723. Died AMJ 1871 Royston Vol 3a Page 182. Children, May 1843 John 1844 ( My GG Grandfather) Thomas 1846 Fanny 1850 James 1850 William 1857 (James and William to be confirmed) all born in Guilden Morden.
    I beleive his father was William Conder 1792-1875 Guilden Morden who married Sarah Thompson 1790-1861 No other info on him.

Would like to hear from anyone with connection or info.

kinshar

Hi

Found these extracted from records on IGI

Thomas Conder
    Christening 10 Feb 1815
    Parents William Conder & Sarah

Thomas Conder & Ann Gentle Marriage
    Ann's name spelt Gentel
    27 May 1842 Guilden Morden Cambs

William Conder
    Christening 8 April 1792 Guilden Morden Cambs
    Parents Richard Conder & Elizabeth

William Conder & Sarah Thompson Marriage
    Sarah's name spelt Tomson
    7 Dec 1811 Abington Piggots Cambs

Abington Piggots is a village next to Guilden Morden. Royston is the nearest large Town to both villages

Sarah Thompson
    Christening Nov 1794 Abington Piggots Cambs
    Parents John Thompson & Ann

John Thompson & Ann Pearce marriage
    10 Dec 1791 Guilden Morden Cambs.

Kinshar

Keith Daniells

Thanks Kinshar that gives me more to go on.

janbooth

Default Thomas CONDER

Hello Keith,

I have Thomas CONDER as a twig in my family tree. He married Ann GENTLE on 27 May 1842 at Guilden Morden. Ann was the widow of Francis GENTLE (born 8 January 1819 at Ashwell, father William mother Ann nee WALDOCK) and they married on 14 October 1840 at Guilden Morden. They had 1 child - Anne baptised 14 March 1841 at Ashwell (IGI) and she was buried 17 July 1841 at Guilden Morden, aged 3. Francis GENTLE was buried 25 May 1841 at Ashwell, aged 22. Ann GENTLE was born Ann Docwra PIGOTT and baptised 14 September 1820 at Guilden Morden, father Rowland mother Mary nee DOCWRA. Thomas CONDER was baptised 10 February 1815 father William CONDER mother Sarah nee TOMSON. William and Sarah were married 7 December 1811 at Abington Pigotts (IGI) and Sarah was born abt 1792 at Abington Piggots according to the 1851 census of Guilden Morden.

My major source of information is the parish register transcripts of Guilden Morden except where otherwise stated. I do have a bit more info on the CONDER line so if you would like it, let me know and I will send you an email.

Janet

Keith Daniells

Janet. Thankyou for that information. I have yet to start ordering parish register transcripts . Any info you can pass on about the Conder line other than whats on the transcripts would be most helpful.

Keith.

janbooth

Default CONDER & PIG(G)OT(T)

Keith,

All the info I have comes from the parish register transcripts, so if you are planning on ordering them I will only be duplicating the information. My line of interest is in Ann Docwra PIGOTTs first husband Francis GENTLE and his family. You will need to order the parish register transcripts of both Guilden & Steeple Morden plus Bassingbourn for the CONDER & PIGGOTT families. Be aware when researching Ann's ancestors, that the surnames DOCWRA and PIGGOTT seem to be interchangeable on the transcripts and also the variations in the surname PIGGOTT as it is spelled in a variety of fashions (including PICKET and its variations the further back you go).

William CONDER's father Richard was born in Ashwell c1762 and I do have Ashwell parish register transcriptions if you need them. They are available in book form from Ashwell Education Services (plus many other Ashwell records) if you would like them.

Good luck and let me know if I can help further.

Janet

Keith Daniells

Cool

Thanks Janet. Just one question. The Ashwell p.r. transcriptions, are they only available in book form?

Keith.

janbooth

Default ASHWELL PRs

As far as I know they are only available in that form. Unfortunately, Hertfordshire is not particularly well served with parish register information available to purchase. Luckily for me, my mother was born in Ashwell and parts of her line go back to the early 1600's there and Ashwell is one of the few parishes that has been transcribed in any detail. Have a look on the website I gave you and see what is available. Militia lists of Hertfordshire parishes are also available in booklet form via Genfair. There are some Burial Index records and Monumental Inscriptions of some parishes (again in booklet form) produced by Royston FHS. and there is an online marriage index searchable at HALS.

HTH

Janet

Keith Daniells

Thanks again Janet. I will start searching and see what comes up as available.

Nickwill

Hi Keith,

I am searching for info on the ancestoral family of Herbert John Conder, born 1872 in Hitchin, Hertfordhire. He married Mary Ellen Rutter in South Africa and then went on to settle in New Zealand. I was wondering if anyone knows whether there was a connection to the Conders that settled in Marton, New Zealand or the Conders of Guilden Morden. The 1881 census has him living with his mother Fanny and sister Mary E in Wortley in Bramley in Yorkshire.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast