Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    A gentleman, in every sense of the word. Geoff Wycherley's Avatar

Thumbs up

Good Evening Nicolina

Thanks you very much for filling in some of the gaps I have regarding the Whatlings.

I did not have much prior to the marriage of my Great Aunt.

The children of the marriage after Williams death were sent to Canada, some years ago I was in touch with the Grandaughter of one of the children.

Once again thank your very much.

Regards
    Geoff W

Famous for offering help & advice michaelpipe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolina View Post
    Riley WATLING, born Worlingworth 1799, son of George WATLING & Lydia Coles married Harriet PIPE in Worlingworth 1828.

Harriet Pipe & Riley Watling had:
    Riley 1829 in Bedfield
    William 1832 in Wilby
    George 1835 in Worlingworth
    Harriet 1838 in Worlingworth
    Lydia 1840 in Worlingworth
    Harriet Pipe was bap 8th April 1804 at Wilby, daughter of Jeremiah Pipe & Sarah Capon. I have her marrying Riley Watling 16 Oct 1828 at Worlingworth. I have Riley junior marrying Emma Young in 1853 at Worlingworth. This Harriet Pipe is my 4th Cousin 4 times removed

Another researcher had Riley marrying Harriet Pipe who was bap 16th May 1802 at Worlingworth, daughter of James Pipe & Sarah Spurling, but Riley’s wife Harriet is consistent with place of birth Wilby throughout records, and age at death of 86 agrees with this.

The only date I am missing here is the death of George Beecroft, husband of Harriet, daughter of Riley Watling & Harriet (Pipe). She is a widow in 1881, but can't find George's death. Any ideas?
    Michael

Suffolk Pipe – one tree

Nicolina

Hi Michael,
    Unfortunately the databases only cover the W(h)atling name which means that once a female marries she disappears off the radar, unless I specifically search for one. I'll try and see if I can find anything but no promises.

Nicolina

I tend to agree with you about Harriet. The CAPON name appears several times in the databases pointing to them keeping it in the family, so to speak.
    SPURLING doesn't appear before 1969.

----
    Lydia Watling born 1793, daughter of James & Susan SHIP married James PIPE 1820 in Middleton
    --------------
    The marriage that I have from Middleton register is 29th October 1829, and it is between Lydia Watling and James Pipe. I think an error popped up in some of the transcriptions, with the year being mistranscribed as 1820 (even on the almost defunct Family History Online website). The census records show that this Lydia Watling was born abt 1811 in RENDHAM, so I can only assume that she is a different one than the one you mention born in 1793. Both James & Lydia moved to Westminster around 1860, and I lost them before 1871, James dying 1870, and Lydia, possibly dying in 1862, but not confirmed.
    Michael

Suffolk Pipe – one tree

--------------
    Benjamin, son of Elizabeth WATLING, born 1761 in Horham. John PIPE farmer indemnified parish £20.
    ------------
    This fellow was a farmer with a large acreage - he was married (since 1735), and had 9 kids of his own, so I had assumed that he was paying for someone elses indiscretion! But who knows!
    Michael

Suffolk Pipe – one tree

A fountain of knowledge

Re...Whatlings from Garston....my mums sister married George Whatling (both from Garston....so...Georges 3 sons are my cousins and I have the e-mail addys of the 3 of them...the eldest now 70 has done his family tree and I`m sure he would be very interested in any info....allan

A fountain of knowledge

George Whatling was born DecQtr 1917 parents Arthur George Whatling and Elizabeth A Tittle...all born in Garston.....allan

A gentleman, in every sense of the word. Geoff Wycherley's Avatar

Default Whatlings (Garston)

Hello Garstonite
    picked up your thread for Whatlings living in the Garston area, have you a connection to William Lee Whatling ,died 1904 Gasrton, if so he married my Grandmothers sister.

Geogg W

A fountain of knowledge

I`ll check for you Geoff.....allan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast