Thread: Hello, I'm Ann

AnnR

Default Hello, I'm Ann

Hello everyone. I've decided to follow your advice and register instead of just lurking.

I've been researching on and off for a while now. I was born in Plymouth and my ancestors all seem to originate from the South West, with lots of Cornish including farmers, ag labs, copper miners and balmaidens. The Devonians were mostly mariners and there are shoemakers and cordwainers from Somerset and tailors and wool merchants from Wiltshire.

I'm looking forward to getting some advice from all you experts

Jan1954

Hello Ann - welcome to Brit-Gen

I am pleased that you are no longer lurking but have come out of the shadows. Have a good look round and post your questions, perhaps starting with the Devon and Cornwall forums. I am sure that the people here will do all they can to help.

Enjoy yourself!

MarkJ

Hi Ann - welcome to the forum!

Hopefully the forum will be able to help you with your ancestors. There are specific sections of the forum for each county (and Cornwall ) which would be the best place to pop any queries.

Whilst most of us do not claim to be experts, there is a wealth of experience on a wide range of different things here which should be handy

Most of my family were Cornish, so I have a bit of an interest in that side of things.

Cheers,
    Mark

Jillychris

Welcome Anne

I was also born in Plymouth and have mariner ancestors you will probably find out a lot about them as I have.

Regards
    Jill