Thread: Harriet Burns

colashbury

Default Harriet Burns

Looking for a death of Harriet Burns in West Derby.Found one in 1879 but could not get any info.Says her age is 28 but would like to know if it gives the info of her husband.His name is Charles.Know that they had a child in 1875,but he was then passed on to another family,the Metcalfs for some reason.Cant find them in the 1881 census.Have found a charles as a lodger so I am guessing that she died.Any info is appreciated.....Colin

Lincoln Lad

When you say "could not get any info", you will not find any more info unless you order the certificate. The death MAY have been registered by Charles, and as she died before him, it may say "wife of Charles" but only by getting the cert will you know.

This MAY be their marriage.
    Marriages Sep 1872
    BURNS Charles Liverpool 8b 255
    Cooper Harriet Liverpool 8b 255

Unfortunately too late to find them on the 1871 census.

There is a Harriet Cooper on the 1871 but born 1846 Liverpool with parents Thomas and Frances.

colashbury

Default Hi Lincoln

I have the marriage date and yes this will be the correct one.I understamd that you need the certificate for info but though it may have given her husbands name in any info that could have been found.I could send for the certificate but it may not be her.I dont even know if she died then,I am just presuming it due to the fact that I can not find them anywhere and they gave their child up.

Lincoln Lad

You may have to take a punt that it is her death you have found if you are unable to find her in 1881.

The address for the 1871 Harriet Cooper is 3 House 1C(ourt), in West Derby. (Could be Low Wood Street)

What was her fathers name and occupation on the marriage certificate?

colashbury

Default No

Sorry have not got marriage certificate,just found that info on ancestry site.....